Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Home Decor Project

So, it has been ages since I have posted anything here on my blog. I blame it all on our crappy computer that needs updating, but won't let us update. Maybe one day I will invest in a new one!

Anyway...
I was asked to be the guest blogger today over at Inspired To Scrap , and decided I would share here as well, so here goes -

I am going to share a quick and easy home decor project that can be made with things that you already have and you just might use up some scraps in the process. I saw the idea for this here and thought that it was really cute, and decided to make one of my own.


Here is what you will need:

a frame - I am using a 12x12 frame that I found at Michaels. It originally cost $24.99, but it was on sale for 40% off, plus, I had a coupon for an additional 25% off, making the final cost $11 and some change.

1 Sheet of cardstock - for the base

scraps of patterned paper

2 inch square (or shape of your choice) punch, die cut machine, or your paper trimmer

embellishments

small photos

Here is how I made mine:
First, I took all of my photos and paper scraps that I was going to use and cut them into 2 inch squares. I chose to cut mine into squares, however, you could use circles, hexagons, or any other shape that you like. After I got all of the pieces cut, I used my charcoal chalk ink to distress the edges of my papers. Then I arranged all of the papers and photos in a grid on my background. This took a little time for me to get it just the way I wanted – lots of rearranging!
When I had it the way I wanted, I adhered it to the background cardstock. I embellished some of the squares and left some blank. How much you want to embellish is totally up to you.


There you have it -a quick and easy home decor project. I think what took me the longest was getting the arrangement of the photos and papers just the way I wanted it.

No comments:

Post a Comment