Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Easy Peasy Half a Lemon Squeezy


A couple of weeks ago I participated in a swap challenge over at Inspired to Scrap. We were to send half of  a 12x12 paper, cut down into 3 pieces, and a flat embellishment to another participant. Then we were to take the half sheet that we had left over and use it with whatever they sent to us and make a layout. I was afraid when I picked out the yellow-orange paper that it might clash. (There are a lot of different shades of yellow!) Deborah sent me the yellow floral print paper to work with. When I saw it, I knew I was going to cut the papers into squares and put a little distance between them with a couple of other colors mixed in. I used a picture of me and my oldest sister, Kim, along with the embellishment that Deborah sent. I really like the way this turned out, and it pushed me to use colors and papers that I probably wouldn't have picked to go together.

No comments:

Post a Comment