Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Halloween & a layout!

Happy Halloween! I cannot believe that tomorrow is November 1st and we are getting ready for another round of 30 in 30! I tried the 30 in 30 scrapbooking challenge back in September and ended up finishing 24 layouts (22 actually got uploaded). I think that may have been a new record for me since I am kind of a slow scrapper and I have a few other projects that I am working on. That's what makes the November edition of 30 in 30 so great. We are not limited to only scrapbooking - any papercrafts are going to count. That means all those cards and Christmas gifts that I would like to get started on will count. Maybe I'll actually get 30 projects done this month!

The September 30 in 30 really took it out of me! I have not been productive at all throughout the month of October. I've done a few layouts for a client's album and I participated in Scrappin' - N - Chattin's 24 hour challenge (didn't make the deadline on that one - darn it!) and I signed up for the Triple S swap challenge over at Inspired to Scrap.  Basically  we were to cut a total of 20 squares out of 3 different colors of cardstock, in 4 different sizes with the largest being 2 inches. I really wanted to do something like the inspiration layout they had posted because I really loved it, but I just couldn't get it to work. I worked with it and fretted over it for days...weeks is more like it, until I came up with something I liked.

 
 
Stacey sent me the orange, green and tan squares to work with and I added in a dark brown, too. I ended up cutting some of my squares into triangles for my arrows, then added 3 stacked squares on the diagonal under the photo. This photo is of Shane back in 2005 at Bennett Springs and is one of my all time favorite photos of him. I also based this layout on a sketch from My Scraps and More. 

I am pretty happy with the end results, even if it took me forever to finish!

1 comment: