Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Hello?

As promised, the challenges for the So You Think You Can Scrap challenge over at Colorful Creations are getting harder each week - at least for me! This week we were to use this sketch, we had to have tearing, distressing, and a recycled item on our layout.

I struggled with what to use for my recycled item - that was definitely the hardest part for me this time. I found these old pictures of Shane in a pile on my desk and it finally clicked that I could use the page out of an old phone book for my recycled item. Once again these are old photos - I think from 2004 - I'll have to check and make sure. I can barely remember Shane being this little! To see him standing on that stool and to know that now he is almost 6 feet tall and towering over me...Wow!
supplies used: Patterned Paper - Echo Park, Jillibean Soup, Provo Craft, Cardstock - Bazzill, stamps - B1416 Keyboard Uppercase, grid stamp - Studio Calico, Alpha stickers - Doodlebug Simply Sweet, tab - Quickutz, Speech bubbles - Cricut George cartridge

The colors match a lot better in real life - not sure why they are looking so off in this photo!
I distressed the edges of my circle with my edge distresser, tore one side of the yellow paper (you can barely see it) and the light blue paper at the bottom, then used the page from the phone book on the circle underneath the title and on the speech bubbles. I was so excited to use my new alpha stamps from Close To My Heart on this page. I love those little square letters, and to know that I can make them whatever color I want is heaven!  I'm sure you'll be seeing them on more pages! I added a little potty person boy to the speech bubble at the top - just because I like him! This is one of my favorite layouts - mostly because of the photos and I am happy to say that it was a featured layout in the gallery at Colorful Creations!

1 comment: