Wednesday, February 13, 2013

So You Think You Can Scrap - week 6

Ugh! These challenges are really challenging me! First off let me apologize for the photo. I didn't realize I didn't have my pages lined up perfectly, so it looks a little wonky. This is the 6th week of So You Think You Can Scrap over at Colorful Creations and I really can't believe that I am still going! The past couple of challenges have been a little hard for me, scrappin' out of my comfort zone and all, but I'm glad that I keep pluggin' away at it. Here is the sketch we had to use this week. Along with this sketch we had to create a double page monochromatic layout and we had to use a diecut, a border punch, flowers (2 had to be handmade), bling, and butterflies.

Monochromatic. Flowers. Butterflies. None of these are my favorite things to work with when I'm scrappin'. But, I was willing to give it a try and this is what I came up with.

First off I've gotta say that I am about "pinked" out after this one. I rarely scrap with pink since Abby has never been much of a pink lover, girly girl. So I am on pink overload with this one and you probably won't see pink for a while either! I used up some old papers from My Mind's Eye (from 2005 - YIKES!).  Yeah, I'm sure I have some newer pink paper, but it felt good to use up some stash. I made my own diecut paper by cutting a circle and then punching out smaller circles to make the scalloped edge. I tried my hand at making some twisted ribbon roses - they're easy to make, but I'm not sure I like this first effort, and I also made some lollipop flowers. Luckily I had bought a Martha Stewart butterfly punch a while back, otherwise I'm not sure what I would have done for the butterflies. For my bling I used some sparkly gems for the centers of all the flowers and I know it's hard to see, but i also used them on the butterfly bodies. I used the loopy border punch by Martha Stewart and I think that about covers all of the requirements.

Do I love this layout?  No.
But it's done and another memory down on paper.
I'll find out Friday morning if I met all of the requirements and am able to move on. Hopefully I'll keep going and I can't wait to see what the next challenge is.

No comments:

Post a Comment