Thursday, February 19, 2015

Sleeping Beauty - Feeling Sketchy #115

Good afternoon! Well, I got my wish and we got about 6 inches of snow on Sunday and Monday. The boys are on snow day #3 today and there is freezing drizzle/rain forecast for tomorrow. Will they go or will they cancel, that is the question! Alright now, I've had my snow - winter can be done - bring on spring! If only it worked that way!



One good thing about having a snow day is that I am able to scrap more. The one bad thing about having a snow day is that I don't get to see my favorite little girlie! It's been almost a week and I am missing her!

I have a layout to share today based on this sketch from Feeling Sketchy.


Their card sketches always translate so well into layout sketches. I just turned this sketch on it's side and went from there. Here is my layout:

Supplies used - Patterned Papers - My Mind's Eye - Now and Then collection, Mildred and Dorothy, Gold Embossed Paper - Michael's, Stamps - Love this - KaiserCraft Shine bright, words - Simple Stories DIY, Alphas - E K Success.

I absolutely love the colors in these papers. The pink with the navy and light green are so pretty and perfect for this sweet photo of Miss Ada taking a nap. Those little chubby cheeks are just so kissable!

I thought that I was in trouble when I hunted up stickers for my title. I knew I wanted to use these gold script stickers, but I only had 2 packs and there was only one lowercase "e" in each pack. I needed 3. So, the boys and I braved the nasty roads and went to town in search of another pack. And, they had none. What to do, what to do... When we go home I looked at the rest of the stickers to see if I could alter one and make it work. Luckily the capital "C" had a big curly q that looked just like an "e", so I cut it off, trimmed it down just a bit and you can't even tell at first glance that it wasn't an actual "e". Problem solved!

I am also linking this up over at Crash Your Stash. I am up to project #29 of my first 50 projects for 2015!

Be sure to check out this sketch at Feeling Sketchy. You have until the end of the month to play along.I may even try to get a card made using the sketch!

Thanks for stopping by today. I will be back soon!

7 comments:

  1. Super sweet layout! These soft pastels are so perfect for the picture of your Sleeping Beauty and the gold touches are of course princess worthy! Thanks so much for sharing! I love how you turned this card sketch into a wonderful layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darling picture and page. I LOVE the colors in those papers too!! And the e's look fabulous. I would not even know!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous LO!! Thanks for playing along with us at the Feeling Sketchy blog!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great sketch from "Feeling Sketchy," Lori, which you made even better by adding your own "Sleeping Beauty!" Great choices in your patterned papers, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done on doing a layout with the sketch. Great layout and thanks for joining our challenge ~ Michelle fs dt

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love to see layouts from card sketches... people often find it easy to do a card from a layout but not the other way round. I think you nailed it. Love the title and you made a plan and it worked perfectly. I would never have guessed. Beautiful layout of your little angel. Thanks for playing along with us at Feeling Sketchy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely layout. Thank you for joining the challenge at Feeling Sketchy. Hope to see you again next time.

    ReplyDelete