Sunday, April 12, 2015

Lasting Memories #237 - Sunny Shores

Good morning, everyone! I hope you are all having a great weekend. I know that since we've been having warmer weather our weekends seem to go by in the blink of an eye!
 
The new challenge is up over on the Lasting Memories blog today. The month of April is a travel theme and this weeks challenge is "Sunny Shores". 
 

 
Sunny shores for us usually mean lake shores and we try to got to the lake as often as possible in the summer. The photos in this layout are from several years ago when we went camping for a few days at the lake. Shane has always loved water and he thought it was great to get to go swimming any time he wanted to - even at 6:30 in the morning!
 
When I started this layout, I intended to use Echo Park's Summer Bliss collection but I did not have enough of the colors I wanted to use, so I went in search of similar colors in my stash and found pretty close matches. And - since the word phrases in that collection weren't exactly what I wanted - I just made my own.
 
It's been a long time since I've done a double page layout, so I searched Pinterest for some 9 photo sketches and found this great sketch by Even More Scrapping.
 
With this layout I am starting round 2 of my 50 projects. I will be linking it up over at Crash Your Stash to help me keep track!
 

Thanks so much for visiting my blog today! Now head on over to Lasting Memories and see the beautiful layouts from the rest of the team. I hope you find some time to play along with our travel challenges this month!
 
See you soon!
 

8 comments:

  1. Great sketch! Love your take on it Lori!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your layout Lori with the sketch. I love sketches for multi photos. I especially like the paper you used for the pictures on the left. Really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this layout and I love that sketch!! I think this is created by one of our readers at Lasting Memories... Cheryl E.?? Love all the photos that are included.So great!! :) makes me want to go to the Lake.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful layout! It's perfect from the colors and patterns to the wonderful journaling and how you did your title and embellishments! Thanks so much for sharing and inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to go with a double layout Lori!! Love it and your photos are great! Cant believe you are starting round 2 at Crash Your Stash. Super inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great layout for so many photos! Might have to try this one myself!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic layout Lori! Love the whole layout you did a fantastic job with the sketch :) Have fun with Round 2 of your goal :) One you get started it is hard to stop I'm about ready to start round six

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job on a double pager and lol at some of those photo's! Love this!! Makes me crave warmer weather and water sooo bad!

    ReplyDelete