Sunday, May 24, 2015

Lasting Memories #243 - While We Wait

Hello everyone! I hope that you are enjoying your long weekend. We are enjoying some lazy days and we are ready to get that last half day of school over with on Tuesday!

There's a new challenge up today over on the Lasting Memories blog. It's the last challenge in this series and it's an Anything Goes with Life Affirmations theme.

I chose to do another gratitude layout. I apologize for my photos being so dark. I tried everything to brighten them up and this was as good as I could get. I've got a close up of the photos and if you click the photos you should be able to see them a little better.

 


Since Ada's Mommy teaches in the same school system as the boys attend, we pick Ada up every morning before school and drop her off every afternoon after school. That means about a 20 minute wait for us in the afternoon.

I have grown to love this time and I am going to treasure it - always! You see, this is when I get to hear all about Matthew's day. I get to hear about the frustrations with a class or with fellow classmates. I get to hear the excitement of an activity coming up or something particularly funny that happened that day. I'm sure if he had a long bus ride home - or even just a car ride home - that some of the excitement/frustration would have worn off and probably be forgotten about. But having 20 minutes in the close quarters of a car, I have learned a lot. I have learned how truly awesome Matthew is  and I can see the young man that he is turning into and it makes my heart happy. I am so grateful to have this time spent with him. Next year he will be driving himself back and forth to school and I just hope we can find some way of continuing this.

Here's the close up of the photos:


He was actually acting goofy for the camera for once, so I had to keep them!

I used Simple Stories Life Documented papers and chipboard stickers on my layout. I thought the days of the week paper was quite fitting since we do this Monday - Friday and that little clock was the perfect accent!

I used the May 15 sketch from ScrapMuch?

 
 
My journaling is a little long and private, so I will stick that down behind the photos.
 
Be sure to stop by Lasting Memories and see the rest of the design teams creations. I look forward to seeing your creations as well.
 
Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a great weekend!
 
2015 Project 50 - Round 2 - #3/50

14 comments:

  1. Wonderful page! Every detail is perfect from the papers to the embellishments! I love the photos and how you did your title, too!
    I like the after school one on one moments that I get with my son, too. You're right about the bus ride - it would change the sharing! Thanks for getting me thinking about this and inspiring a plan - milk and cookies to get him to spill his guts when Alex comes home from high school next year! Maybe that would work with Matthew, too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super sweet layout Lori :) Super fun story too, awww what a great time to have with your son.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun layout.
    So glad you chose the sketch at "Scrap Much?!" to showcase your pictures and memories

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fabulous take on the sketch, love the colours and patterns! Thanks for joining us at ScrapMuch?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a great take on the sketch with two photos!! great paper choices!!! Thank you for playing along with ScrapMuch?

    ReplyDelete
  6. This a great interpretation of the sketch! And although your photos are a bit dark, they still look fun. Thank you so much for joining us over at ScrapMuch?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cute layout. Love the paper and the story that goes with it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Giggle, giggle - what a great page and photos
    Thank you for joining us at ScrapMuch?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great take on the sketch! So adorable!! Great paper and colour choices. Thanks for sharing with us at ScrapMuch?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the Life Document collection and wish I had gotten more of it. Great take on the sketch too. Thanks for joining us at ScrapMuch?
    Lyne - DT
    For scrapbook inspiration follow me at Lynn’s Everyday Ideas

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that you scrapped a moment in everyday life that you enjoy!! Fabulous page! LOVE the CAS look. And sometimes my pictures are dark, but they look fine on the layout in person. When you photograph them that is a different story!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely page Lori and what an awesome theme! This is why we scrapbook......to preserve the smaller moments that will become treasured memories. Thanks for playing along at Scrapmuch?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great story behind the page and love the CAS look! Perfect for a boy page:-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a special page, Lori. Great idea to document these times with your son. The days of the week paper and clock accent are perfect accents to document this routine.

    ReplyDelete