Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Scrapbook Challenges November Spelling Bee Challenge

Hello everyone! There is a fun new challenge up over on the Scrapbook Challenges blog. Our challenge today is a spelling bee challenge.

Here is how it works:

Each month we will give you a “subject” and accompanying ABC graphic. Using your subject word, find the coordinating list of things that must be included on your layout. There is a maximum of 10 letters, so if you had a really long job title it's ok!

Our subject for November is "First Job".


My first job was a cashier at a little gas station in the middle of nowhere. Looking back on that now, I can't believe my parents allowed me to work there! I was barely 18 years old, the station was along the interstate, with no other businesses around and the next closest town was about 10 miles away. I worked nights - we were only open until 8 - but I was by myself and closing up was pretty scary sometimes!

For my layout, I used - C - cork tab, A - acrylic paint - on the see through alphas, S - stitching - faux stitching around the layout, H - hexagons, I - inked edges, E - enamel dots, R - rhinestones.


Abby had posted these photos of Ada on Facebook back last year and said, "Some little girl woke up in a super happy mood this morning--maybe she knows she's a big 7 month old today!" Gotta love that great big smile!


I used this older sketch from Scrapbook Challenges:


Head on over to the Scrapbook Challenges blog to find out all of the details about the challenge and to see the layouts from the other design team members. I hope you play along!

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. What a great challenge, hope I get time to play along! Loving your page, totally girly and cute - perfect for little Miss Ada! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! Such a wonderful design
    Thank you for always encouraging me

    ReplyDelete