Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Trimming The Tree

Hello! Happy hump day to you! I can't believe it is already the middle of the week. This week is flying by.

Scrapbook Challenges has a new challenge up today and it's a journaling challenge. For December we are challenging you to scrap about your favorite holiday tradition. What is that one holiday tradition that you look forward to doing every single year?

 
 
For me that tradition is decorating the Christmas tree. This year seemed a little more special.



For the first time in a long time, Matthew helped me and Abby decorate the entire tree. He usually will hang a few ornaments and then he is done. Not this year - he helped finish the job! I think knowing that next year he will be in college just made this even more special!

Maybe the reason I love this tradition is because it is a family activity. Or maybe it's because every single ornament on our tree has a story - whether it be an ornament that the kids made long ago, or an ornament from our annual ornament exchange - every single ornament brings back a special memory!

I based my layout on this older sketch from Stick It Down:

 
Head on over to the Scrapbook Challenges blog to see what traditions the other design team members look forward to every year. I hope you find some time in this busy time of year to get creative and play along with us!
 
Thanks so much for stopping by today and have a wonderful day!
 
 

1 comment: