Monday, January 2, 2017

Make It Monday #79 - Cutie Pie

Hello everyone! Here we are back at Monday again! Most everyone still has today off from work, but my daughter has to go in for a teacher work day, which means I have Miss Ada with me today! I love my days off, but it's nice to get back into a routine!

Today is Make It Monday #79 over at The Memory Nest. Leslie has created another fun sketch for us to work with for this first sketch of the new year.





When I saw this sketch I immediately thought of this piece of chevron paper that I had in my stash. I altered it up a bit to make it more to my liking.  I cut out each chevron individually - one because I didn't care for the orange-y yellow in it, and two, I really didn't want that brownish grey pattern on it. I cut it off of each color and then put it all back together, leaving out the color I didn't want.



These photos are of Ada when she was 7 months old and teething. I loved it when she would suck that bottom lip in and smile!

I added in a few chipboard stickers from a Project Life sticker set.m The photos seemed to get lost on the page with just the mint green mat, so I matted them again in black to help them stand out, and I matted the entire layout on black.

Be sure to stop by The Memory Nest to see the beautiful layouts from the rest of the team. We hope you join us in the new year!

Thanks so much for stopping by today! Have a great day!

6 comments:

  1. Adorable layout Lori....yes she is a cutie pie for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow that is a good idea for the use of the paper and love the way the layout turned out too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lori, I LOVE that you have re-designed this paper! I would have found that a HARD sketch, and you rocked it. It's perfect. Your little sweetheart IS a cutie pie. I love the journaling done that way... so special. Great LO... Made me smile! ~ Ali

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow! Love how you altered the chevron paper!! Such a fantastic page!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how you changed up the paper to make it work for you! Adorable page!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! And here I though that was what the original paper looked like; flawless page!

    ReplyDelete