Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Paper Play Sketches #29 - A Little Birdie Told Me...

Hello everyone! Happy Hump Day! Here we are already at the middle of the week. We are - or maybe I should say, I am - desperately trying to get back into the whole school/work routine. I think I need routine to keep myself on track. Too many days of doing whatever we want, whenever we want, and then the old routine is a shock to the system!

Paper Play Sketches has a new sketch up today, and it is a great one to start off the year!




If you have followed my blog for any length of time, then you know I am trying to use up my stash! I have way too much, yet I keep on buying, so it's a never ending process! For this card I pulled out an old, more than half used up, 6x6 paper pad from My Mind's Eye, and I used up a couple more sheets of it! That's progress, right? Well, I did get four more 6x6 paper pads in the mail yesterday... so maybe not! I will work on that in this new year!

Anyway, everything on this card is from the My Mind's Eye - Quite Contrary - Jack and Jill collection. The little quote was a cut a part card, die cut piece, I can't remember what exactly they were called way back when, but it's from the same collection. When I bought the paper pad I really didn't think I would ever use that birdie paper, but it found its way onto this card, and I think the other piece might just be cut down to a project life style card for later use! The more I look at it, the more I like it!

Be sure to stop by Paper Play Sketches and see the beautiful cards from the rest of the design team. We would love it if you followed the blog so you don't miss a single sketch, and why don't you play along with us?!

That's it for now! Thank you all so much for stopping by! I hope you have a fantastic day!

3 comments:

  1. That is a great sketch, Lori. Good job trying to use up some paper. I have been destashing paper and also putting photos on layouts that I pre-made...some from a few years ago, even. Last night, I spent time getting them in page protectors and organized by date. I currently have (5) 3-ring binders housing them until they get moved to their final destination. Yikes! Thank you again for your sweet comments on my blog posts. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooohh I like the sketch and just read that a card is not required so I think I will try using it for a layout!
    BTW - Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete