Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge #212

Hello again! I am back with one more card to share with you today! I am here to share my take on Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge #212.

Here's a look at the sketch:


And here is my card:


I will be honest with you when I saw the two strips going across the card I really had no intention of adding both. I liked the strip at the bottom, but I thought the top strip was unnecessary. I even put the top pink strip down and took it back up a couple of times before I decided I would just leave it off. Then, I wanted to add a sentiment to the front of my card, and that top strip became totally necessary for me to use! That strip just looked so much better with the sentiment layered on top of it.

I embossed the background with a big dot embossing folder from The Paper Studio, and I used papers from Jen Hadfield's "Everyday" 6x6 paper pad. The flowers were fussy cut from one of the sheets. It was such a pretty paper, and I hated to cut into it, but I love those few fussy cut flowers on this card. The sentiment is from and Art C stamp and die set. 

The full design team reveals will be up on the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge blog tomorrow.  Be sure to stop by and see how the rest of the team interpreted the sketch. I hope you have some time to play along with us. I would love to see your take on this sketch!

Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment