Saturday, June 17, 2017

Sketches In Thyme Sketch #281

Hello, everyone! Happy Saturday! We have made it to the weekend once again. It looks like it's going to be a rainy start this morning, but it's supposed to clear off and be a hot day.

Today is my day to be featured over at Sketches In Thyme with my take on Sketch #281. Here's a look at the sketch:




For this layout of Matthew on his graduation night, I have used papers from Bella Blvd and the black star paper is from American Crafts. I stuck with his school colors, which is black and white with an accent of red. I added in a few silver metallic stars as well.

I changed up just a couple of things from the sketch. I felt like the banners at the top right on the sketch made my layout look really heavy on that side with the title and journaling area, so I moved them to the left hand side and added in an extra banner.

I'm surprised that I actually scrapped one of his graduation photos - and it's only been a year! I still haven't scrapped Abby's college graduation photos - and that was four years ago! All in good time, I suppose!

Be sure to check out the Sketches In Thyme blog. We have new inspiration from the design team every single day, and there's a fun prize up for grabs, too!

Thanks so much for stopping by today! Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful work scrapping his Grad photo and love your take on the sketch, Lori! The sprinkles are the perfect touch! :)

    ReplyDelete