Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Hello Adventure - Sketches In Thyme #285

Hello, everyone! Good Tuesday morning to you! I hope if it's hot where you are that you are finding a fun way to keep cool. We're going to be back in the mid 90's today, so there will be lots of staying inside in the air conditioning or swimming in the pool. I don't know if my youngest son can go a day without getting in the pool, at least for a little while!

Today is the day that I am featured over on the Sketches In Thyme blog with my take on sketch #285, courtesy of Bev Code. This is a great sketch featuring both a vertical and horizontal photo on it. Those types of sketches are hard to find!




When I saw this sketch I knew I wanted to use these photos of Scott and Ada since they were in the orientation that was needed. I used the "Some Kinda Wonderful" collection from Close To My Heart on this layout. The blues in the paper were a perfect match for Scott's shirt, and it has black and green in it as well. I wanted to add just a pop of pink since it was on some of the embellishments, and every Ada layout needs just a little bit of pink on it somewhere!

To be honest, I wasn't going to leave the pink (love this) sticker on the photo, but once it even remotely touched the photo it was not coming back up without a fight - and a ripped photo - so we went with it!

Instead of adding an actual banner to the top left corner, I added a few banner pieces - just my preference!

I love the way that this layout turned out - probably because these are some of my favorite papers right now, and mostly because of the subjects!

Be sure to check out Sketches In Thyme every day for more design team inspiration! I would love to see your take on this fun sketch! We have a great prize being offered this month, so be sure and check it out!

Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope you have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Sweet photos and really wonderful take on the sketch, Lori! I worked on this one yesterday. :)

    ReplyDelete