Sunday, July 9, 2017

Lasting Memories #352 - Little Firecracker

Hello, everyone! Happy Sunday to you! I am kind of sad since this is our last day of vacation, but it will also be nice to get back into some sort of routine.

We have a new challenge posted today over at Lasting Memories. Our theme for this month has been "Summer Adventures" and this week our challenge is to scrap those 4th of July Adventures. If you don't have 4th of July photos, or if you are not American, then make a layout using red, white, and blue or add some sparkle to your layout.


When I went to make this layout, I discovered that I need to get more 4th of July papers! I have used Bella Blvd's "All American" collection the past several years (it came out in 2013 and I think I bought 2 or 3 of the collection packs because I loved it so much!) and, luckily, the blue star background was the only 12x12 paper that I had left of it, everything else was just tiny scraps. I found the white from their "Lucky Stars" and a big enough piece of the red star paper from "Tiny Tots" to get this layout made. Yup, it's time to do some shopping!

Since I haven't gotten my photos from this year's 4th of July celebration yet, I scrapped these of Ada from last year. I am debating on whether to add a bit of journaling to this page or to see what other layouts I make for this day that will go along with it.

You will probably be seeing more of these particular photos this month on my blog since I am also working on Ada's 6x8 album. What better time to get these photos scrapped than when they are all right out in front of me! That way there's no chance of me not remembering where I put them!

Head on over to Lasting Memories to see the beautiful layouts from the rest of the design team. I hope you have a chance to play along with us!

Thanks so much for stopping by! Now I am going to get outside and enjoy this last day of vacation! Have a great one!

1 comment:

  1. First, I loved these sweet photos and the red/white/blue papers! The way you matted and accented just the *one* photo was perfect. Adorable pictures. Secondly, I laughed b/c I ALWAYS get caught buying 2-3 of a collection when I "just LOVE it!!" Sometimes it's so hard to resist when you KNOW you love and will use something a lot! Great job, Lori.

    ReplyDelete