Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge #242

Hello again! I am back with my second post of the day. If you are looking for my Try Stampin' On Tuesday reveal, please scroll down or go here.


Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge has a great new sketch posted on the blog for this week.



As promised in my earlier post, I have used more of the Echo Park - Anything Goes - 6x6 paper pad and the stamp and die set from Sizzix for my card. I had a little trouble with the white panel part on this card. I played around with other patterned papers, but with the busy chevron strip, I couldn't get any of them to work without being way too busy for my liking. I kept going back to the plain white background and it was almost too plain. Once I decided to emboss that panel with my swiss dot embossing folder I liked it much better.

Once again I heat embossed my sentiment and the party hat. I really like the white on the darker backgrounds for a change.

Be sure to stop by the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge blog and check out the new sketch. The full design team reveals will be tomorrow. I hope you have some time to play along with us!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today!  I hope you have a fantastic day!

1 comment:

  1. Lori I love this card, I'm always a fan of red, white & blue. I agree the swiss dot embossing is the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete