Saturday, May 26, 2018

Sketch N Scrap 6th Birthday Bash Sketch #3

Happy Saturday! Here we are at the weekend and it's a long weekend, too! It's going to be a busy weekend, but I am hoping to squeeze in some scrappy time if I can.

Sketch N Scrap has the last exclusive sketch for our 6th Birthday Bash posted today. I have loved all three of these exclusive sketches and I am sure I will be using each one of them again. Here is the great sketch that Lisa has created for us this week:



After I had chosen the photos that I wanted to scrap, I went to work pulling out papers - mostly from Shimelle's - True Stories - collection and Jillibean Soup's -  Healthy Hello - collection, mostly because they had papers with coffee cups on them, and since this is a layout of Ada drinking my coffee, I thought they would work.

I worked and worked with those papers - trying different combinations all day and could not get it the way that I wanted. I think I gave myself too many options! I finally found a combo that I liked and I went with it. So, all that trouble picking papers with a coffee theme and then I didn't even use the papers with coffee cups on them! I guess I did fussy cut three cups for my embellishments, but that was it. I am seriously patterned paper challenged sometimes!

Anyway, the story behind the layout - Ada went through a spell where she wanted to share my iced coffee - or "foffee" as she liked to call it -  with me. She never had a lot, just a sip or two, but on this day, when the "foffee" was tasting extra sweet and yummy, I had actually swapped it out with a little bit of chocolate milk!

Head on over to Sketch N Scrap to see more inspiration from the design team. We would love it if you played along with us!

Thanks so much for stopping by today! Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. Sweet photos and love your take on the sketch, Lori! Beautiful mix of papers and love those heart accents too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute story!! I love her smile in the one picture, so sweet!! I am sitting here laughing because I tried to use the same papers (Healthy Hello) on my May 1st layout and couldn't get it how I wanted so after a day of back and forth I gave up and switched papers! I hope I end up using that line, I love it but can never get it to look like I want!! Your layout is amazing, I think it turned out awesome!

    ReplyDelete