Sunday, May 11, 2014

Trying to get back on track

I joined the 50 Projects Facebook group back in February. This group was created to help us scrappers use up our stash. The deal is you are to make 50 projects - layouts, cards, etc. before you buy any scrappy goodies. Then after 50 projects are made, you reward yourself with a scrappy purchase. I was doing fairly well.

I had made it to about 15 projects in about as many days, when I fell off the wagon. We're not talking just a little stumble - it was a full blown face plant off the wagon! Too many cute baby collections and with a new granddaughter and not much pink in the stash - I couldn't resist. And then there were 6x6 paper pads...yeah... I think my supply of these babies has doubled in the last couple of months. And some spring/summer collections that I just couldn't wait for.

Soooo - I am now trying to get back on track. To regain my "focus". That is my one little word for the year after all. I have made a few projects while on my spending spree - I've kept up with my 52 week layout and card challenges, but that has been about it. I have definitely been collecting more than using. But that all changes today. I am restarting my 50 Projects challenge and I will  stick with it until I have 50 projects completed. With summer break almost here (just 10 more days!) my plan is to share my 50 projects here on my blog. Maybe that will hold me somewhat accountable.

Here is project number 1:


I just used some scraps and washi tape on this layout - at this rate it will take me quite a long time to use up my stash!

1 down. 49 to go. I think I can. I think I can. I think I can>

Thanks for stopping by and Happy Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment