Thursday, January 1, 2015
Happy New Year!
Time for New Year's resolutions - you either love them or hate them. I have never been a fan. I just can't seem to keep them. I have every good intention, but along with the busyness of life they just seem to always get put on the back burner, and truthfully, forgotten. But I can't let the new year get started without at least thinking of a few things I want to work towards in the new year.
For my scrappy goals...
1. I want to continue to use up my stash and make more layouts! I am going to keep my scrappy purchases to a minimum again this year.
2. I want to start my Project Life style scrapbook for 2015 and keep up to date with it, but not stress over it. That might be a hard one for me. I've been making my own pocket style cards and I have quite a stash of cards/kits that I bought in 2014 and it's time to put them to use!
3. I want to make more cards this year. I think I was lucky to have made 10 cards since last August. I guess I lost my card making mojo or something. I have taken over the card challenges for the Yahoo group that I am in, and I'm hoping that will help get me motivated to make more cards this year.
Now that leads me to my not-so-scrappy goals;
4. I want to actually send out the cards that I make this year. Another bad habit of mine - I make the cards, but rarely send them out. I know I love it when I get something in the mail from someone for no reason other than they were thinking of me.
5. Spend more time with my extended family. I get so caught up in my own day to day responsibilities and sometimes I forget to take the time for my sisters and other extended family. I want to be there more for them. Call them, visit them, whatever I can do.
6. Of course there always has to be a fitness goal, right?! 3 years ago I lost 20 pounds. I did really well at keeping it off and I was happier with myself and I felt better than I had in years. Then slowly it started creeping back up on me and I have gained back 10 of those pounds. I am going to work towards losing those 10 pounds, and hopefully more, and keeping it off.
So, there you have it - nothing earth shattering - just a few things that I hope to accomplish this year. I think it will be fun to look back at the end of the year and see how well I kept up with it. Maybe I'll remember to add updates as I go along.
Thanks so much for stopping by. I hope you all have a happy, healthy, and blessed new year!