Friday, December 31, 2021

Looking Ahead - 2022 Scrappy Focus

Hello, everyone! Happy New Year's Eve to you! I cannot believe that another new year is upon us - they just seem to go by so fast! I missed doing a scrappy goals - or focus - post for 2021 and thought that I would take a little time today to post about my plans for 2022.

It's been pretty quiet here on my blog this month - I just needed a bit of a break from blogging and from scrapping. The break has been wonderful and I think it was just what I needed to get excited about scrapping again. This past year I have taken a good hard look and done a bit of soul searching at how and what I am scrapping and what I want to scrap. I have so many 12x12 albums full of layouts, and so many 12x12 layouts just waiting to be added to more albums, that I am running out of room to store them all. Not only am I running out of room in the album/layout department but I don't think I can add one more supply to my scrap room! So much so that if I really let myself think about all of this for too long - well, it starts to give me anxiety! I want my hobby to be fun so a few changes are in order!

All of this soul searching this past year has led me to step down from all but two of my design team positions. I have loved being on each and every design team over the years and it was a hard decision to make. I have met so many wonderful people through these design teams that are now such wonderful friends and I have truly enjoyed my time on each team. But, I came to the realization that if I am ever going to make true progress on the albums I have started - then I needed to start scrapping for myself again. Scrapping what I want, when I want. If I feel like working on my Project Life albums or working in my traveler's notebooks for a solid week - then that is what I am going to do!

I am staying on the Sketch N Scrap design team and I will continue to be the Design Team Coordinator at Lasting Memories - playing along whenever I have the chance. Lisa and I are continuing with Lisa & Lori's Great Stash Bash and with TN Time With Lisa & Lori in 2022. Let's face it - I am on a forever mission to use my stash - if only I could STOP buying! - and traveler's notebooks are my obsession right now! So, I will still be posting my scrappy projects here on my blog and over on Instagram throughout the month.

Now, let's get on with my scrappy goals - or what my scrappy focus is going to be in the new year. Every year my goals are to work on and finish particular albums and so far not a single one has been finished! Mostly because I had design team commitments that I had to get done and not a lot of time to work on anything "extra." 2022 is going to be the year for me to work on some of these unfinished albums. 

Here's a list of some of the albums I have been "working" on the last several years:

2014 to present Project Life albums - none of which are close to being finished.

Ada's 1st-year album - she turned 8 last month...

2018 Favorite Photos of Ada TN

2019 to present 52 Week Favorites TN's

Ada's 2019 Summer Bucket List TN

Ada's 2021 Summer Fun 6x8 Flipbook

Ada's 2020 Elf on the Shelf/Advent Calendar December Daily album - and we can now add 2021 to that, as well.

My 2021 December Daily album

The list could go on and on and on! Now, here is my plan for 2022. For my Project Life albums - I am going to pick the album that I have the most layouts made in and I am going to concentrate on finishing it up. I think that this is going to be my 2019 album but I need to double-check. I would also like to try and keep up with my 2022 album, as well.  I am going to set aside at least one day each week to work on these albums and if I can get my 2019 album done before the end of the year, then I will start working on another year.

Ada's 1st-year album - it has been ages since I have picked this album up and the last time that I did - I wasn't too crazy about it - which is probably why I haven't picked it up since. I will be pulling it out in the next couple of days and making a plan - either to finish it up or to start completely over with it. 

My 52 Week Favorites traveler's notebooks - I plan on finishing out 2019 for sure this year and once it is done I will work on the others. I have not fully decided if I am going to continue this in the new year. I guess I still have a few days to get that figured out!

The Christmas albums - I am not too worried about. I think I will set aside at least one day each week in January to work on one of them and then I will try to pick it back up when Christmas in July rolls around or for sure in November when all the hype for the 2022 December Daily is going strong!

All of the other albums I will work on as the mood strikes, but I would like to get Ada's 2019 Summer Bucket List TN done before this summer. 

I guess my main scrappy focus is just to scrap! Work on what I want - when I want and hopefully get an album or two completed!

Before I can work on anything I need to get into my scrap room and get my desk cleaned off! The kids will all be over a little later for our family New Year's Eve party. None of them usually stay until midnight since they live anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour away so maybe I can get in there tonight and start getting my room cleaned up. If not, that is my plan for tomorrow. It's going to be very cold with some wintery precip so the perfect day to stay in my scrap room all day!

I am so excited to get started working on these goals! Here's to a great scrappy new year!

6 comments:

  1. Totally agree with you! Use our stash! I need to make a list too! Looking forward to all your inspiration for 2022!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year, Lori! Wow, that's a detailed list, you go! I'm happy you are going to continue TN Time with Lisa. I wasn't able to do the sketch that ended 12/9 - I was just way too busy with Christmas card mailing and last-minute making, but I will be doing the current one, on my list to begin tomorrow! Great good luck filling those albums and using your supplies - just go dig out the really old ones every time you feel the urge to buy. What's old really is new again! heeheehee :-) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. My plan is to buy less this year, and use more of the things that I already have. I realized in the past couple of months how stressful it is to constantly be organizing and making room for new. Wish me luck! Happy New Year, and good luck to you for your scrappy plans.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great goals and I can't wait to see what you create!! I did great not buying in 2021 but I do get a lot of free kits and never find time to use them so they are piling up and I need to use them or purge/destash them!! Happy 2022!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have made the decision to stop scrapping 12x12 completely because of the space it occupies. I found with staying home there wasn't much TO document... no big events which seem to really put me in a crafty funk. However, I don't feel the least bit concerned with recording the every day in a smaller platform like a traveler's notebook or through a daily Happy Planner (BIG)... I adore traveler's notebooks and minibooks so that's really where I want to focus all my craftiness now. I can't imagine trying to document every single thing of my 3 sons and my life and expecting anyone wanting to take those kinds of things with them (or having the guilt from throwing them out) after I'm gone. Morbid, but true...

    I am going to try to use my stash as much as possible and continually cull it so that it's not overwhelming to me.

    Love your goals. I think my only goal is to be consistent...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh - I hope you don't feel the need to start Ada's first year album completely over!

    ReplyDelete