Wednesday, September 4, 2024

Sketch N Scrap #304 - Yes, Please!

 Hello, everyone! Happy Wednesday to you! I hope you are having a good week. Thanks to the long holiday weekend, I can't keep track of what day we are on!

Today I am sharing my take on the September 1st sketch at Sketch N Scrap. Here's a look at the fun sketch that Lisa created for us to use:


And here is my layout:


I used my September kit for Lisa & Lori's Great Stash Bash for this layout. I think the donut paper is from an old Dear Lizzy paper pad, but I am not certain, and it was perfect for these photos of Abby and Ada's trip to Hurts Donut Co. I pulled four papers for this layout and only have a few scraps left. I also used quite a few of the embellishments that I had pulled with this layout in mind. 

Here are a couple of close-ups:


I had planned on adding a couple of tags for hidden journaling like is shown on the sketch, but when I tried that huge donut die-cut in that area, it was a perfect fit. I just moved my journaling over to the side of the cluster. I could have added my journaling to the bottom of the page, but it got lost amongst the busy patterned paper. 


I love how this bottom cluster turned out! Just a couple of donut stickers, a word phrase sticker, a chipboard heart, and enamel dots leading into the title. I love that the right photo shows the wall that says, "Wanna Hurts Donut?" The title is the answer to that question!

Be sure to stop by Sketch N Scrap for more inspiration using this sketch. I hope you have a chance to play along with us!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment