Friday, October 4, 2024

Lisa & Lori's Great Stash Bash October Kit Challenge

 


Hello, everyone! Happy Tuesday and Happy October 1st! The calendar has turned to a new month which means it is time for a new Lisa & Lori's Great Stash Bash challenge.

First, I want to apologize now for the glare or shine in some of the photos but I ran out of daylight to get my kit photographed.

If you don't know what this challenge is all about, here is how this challenge works -  on the 1st of each month, we will post a challenge prompt and the stash kit we have created using that prompt. Then, we will use as much of our stash kit as possible on different projects throughout the month.

This will be a just-for-fun challenge so there is no monthly prize - but the real prize is using up our stash! We hope you will join us in our quest to bash our stash! If you play along - link up on either my blog or Lisa's blog (or both if you choose) so that we can see who is joining us each month.

Now on to our October kit challenge! Here is the recipe for this month:


To create your kit, pull 10 papers, 3-4 embellishments, and 5-7 scrap papers. Our focus item for October is 12x12 sticker sheets.

Here is my kit for October:

  I had a bit of trouble deciding on what I wanted to work on this month. Even though the season has changed to fall, it still feels very much like summer around here. We're supposed to hit 90 later this week! At least it cools down to the 50s and low 60s at night. I finally decided to stick with the season and this kit is full of fall feels! My plan is to work more on Ada's 6x8 school album - scrapping some of the Halloween parties and her trip to the pumpkin patch when she was in kindergarten. I'm also hoping to scrap a fall-themed layout or two, and I may even try to scrap a non-fall/Halloween layout with some of the papers. We shall see!

Here is a closer look at the papers:


All but three of these papers are from Simple Stories collections. The grey and white dot is from a paper pad, the black and white... check, I guess you could call it, is from Close To My  Heart, and the black with white stars is from American Crafts.

Our focus item is 12x12 sticker sheets. I have pulled the Boo Crew sticker sheet and the Cozy Days sticker sheet. Even though the fall papers I have added are from Harvest Market, I don't have any embellishments from that collection, I think I can make the Cozy Days sticker sheet work: 


Here are my embellishments:


Lots of fall-themed goodies here - sticker books, die-cuts, foam stickers, puffy stickers, labels, cut files, an over-sized chipboard word, and a few enamel dots. I will pull more of those when I need them.

Here are the Halloween cut-apart papers:


All I have embellishment-wise for the Halloween papers is the 12x12 sticker sheet so I have added the cut-apart papers for more embellishment choices. Lots of goodies can be fussy cut from those sheets if I need them. 

Here are my scraps:


I know, I know. This doesn't look much like scraps Technically there is only a scrap of yellow dot paper here. I have pulled a couple of 6x8 paper pads (with scraps inside) for any scraps I might need, and if I need more, I can always hit my scrap bins when I have more time to search for what I need. 

That's it for this month's kit. I am ready to get some fall scrapping done!

Be sure to head on over to Lisa's blog - My Creative Endeavors - to see the beautiful kit she has put together.

Remember - this is a just-for-fun challenge, but if you do play along and put together your own stash bash kit - add it to the linky below and we will be sure to check it out and cheer you on! Here are the rules:

1. Follow the challenge prompt to create a kit to work with throughout the month. You may use other items, but please concentrate on using your kit, and link it below.
2. Create new, not previously posted projects using your stash kit.
3. If you have a blog - please include the challenge graphic and a link to our challenge in your posts. 
4. You may link to social media if you don't have a blog. If you share on Instagram, please make sure to use - #lisaandlorisgreatstashbash2024

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! Have a great day!

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

1 comment: