Saturday, January 14, 2017

Christmas Cards All Year Round - January Mid Month Inspiration

Hello everyone! I hope that you are having a good weekend! We did get the ice that was forecast for Friday - about a quarter of an inch - and thankfully we only lost power for a couple of hours early on Saturday morning. The temps are staying above freezing now, so it looks like we are done with the ice for a while!

Since it's the middle of the month, we are sharing some mid month inspiration with you over at Christmas Cards All Year Round today. Our January challenge is to add "Snowflakes" to your project. I would have rather been seeing snowflakes instead of ice this weekend!


For my card I have kept it pretty clean and simple. I am still trying to keep my cards a little flatter for mailing, but I think a few added sequins or some bling would really add to this one.

I used the inlaid die technique for this card. I die cut the lacy circle die and the snow flake die at the same time in white, then die cut another snowflake in the mint green color, and pieced it back together. I embossed the mint green square with my swiss dot embossing folder and matted it on white. The sentiment is from a Studio G $1 bin stamp set that I got ages ago. Another quick and easy card!

Head on over to Christmas Cards All Year Round to see the beautiful cards from the rest of the design team. We have a fun prize being offered up, and you have until the end of the month to play along!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! It's going to be a busy day around here, so I will be back soon with another project to share!

1 comment: