Friday, July 21, 2023

Fall Out Boy - Sketch N Scrap #277

 Hello, everyone! Happy Monday to you! Today I am popping on here really quickly to share the layout that I created for Sketch N Scrap's July 15th sketch.

Here is a look at the sketch that I made for this challenge:

And this is my layout:


I went a little bit old school on this one, using cardstock, making my own alpha letters, and using very few embellishments. Since I had quite a few photos that I wanted to use, I even turned it into a double-page layout. 


About the photos - Abby has been a Fall Out Boy fan since the beginning. Her bedroom walls were covered with pages from all of those Tiger Beat type magazines of the group. She always wanted to go to one of their concerts but it just never happened. Until this summer! She found out that they were coming to Maryland Heights, MO, and immediately got on and ordered tickets - even treating Matthew to a ticket since he is a big fan, too. She scored three great tickets - center stage and just a few rows back from the mosh pit - and was counting down the days from February when she ordered the tickets to June 23rd, the day of the concert. Since they had an extra ticket and since Matthew's roommate, Charlie is a big fan, they invited him to go along. They all had a great time and it made this momma's heart happy to see her adult kiddos going on an adventure together! Abby loved it so much that she came home, found a ticket for the Rogers, Arkansas show, and went again a couple of weeks later. I love that my girl is finding her way and doing a few of the things that she has always wanted to do.

Here is a look at the other page of the layout:


These photos were both taken by Abby and a couple that I found on Instagram (the group selfie and the smaller photos of Joe and Andy).

For this layout, I used my July kit for Lisa & Lori's Great Stash Bash. I had included a star stencil in my kit, and I did try it on my background, but ultimately I felt like it made it way too busy and I went with the plain background.  

Here are a couple of close-ups:


For my title - I knew I needed something that would stand out against the black-with-white-stars paper. I found a stamp with a design that I liked, stamped it on white cardstock, and then die-cut the letters. I die-cut the letters a total of three times to create faux chipboard. I love how they turned out and Abby said it reminded her of all of the fishnet that she saw at the concert!

I found the purple puffy alphas in my stash and luckily had enough letters to make the subtitle - which is also the tour name,


 I told Abby to write down some of her favorite lines from her favorite songs and I typed them up and scattered them around the layout. I really like how this turned out and sometimes it's just fun to not have to worry about so much embellishing!

Be sure to check out Sketch N Scrap to see how the design team took on this sketch. I would love to see your take on it, too!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment