Friday, July 14, 2023

Sketch N Scrap Card Sketch #245

Hello, everyone! Happy Friday to you! I hope that you are having a good week. We finally got some much needed rain yesterday. It has been so hot and dry this summer and the rain was very welcome. 

Today I am popping on here to share the card that I created using the July 5th sketch at Sketch N Scrap. This was a fun sketch to work with! Here's a look at the sketch:



I decided I'd better get a head start on my Christmas cards for this year. I haven't sent out very many Christmas cards the last few years and I would like to change that this year, so here is the first for this year!

I used Vicki Boutin's Warm Wishes for this card. I don't have very much of this collection - just a few of the 12x12 papers and the die-cut pack - and now I am really wishing that I at least had the 6x8 paper pad! I love how this card came together. The only thing that I would have liked to do differently was to stamp the sentiment in white ink or use white embossing powder on it. I think it would have looked better than the black. But, I could not find the white ink pad that I bought a while back - I need to make a note to find it - and my embossing usually ends up a hot mess, leaving me frustrated that it didn't turn out, so black ink was the solution!

The sentiment is from Crate Paper's Hey Santa collection. I either picked this up at Tuesday Morning or got it on clearance at Scrapbook.com last year, and this is the first time that I have inked it up. It has so many cute images and sentiments and it is staying out on my desk so I remember to use it this holiday season. 

I felt like the little white banner was pretty plain, so I added a punched heart to it. I also had some gold metallic thread on my desk so I tied a double bow to add to the top of the ornament.

Now I have a Christmas card all ready to go this holiday season!

Be sure to stop by Sketch N Scrap for more inspiration using our sketches. I hope you have a chance to play along with us!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! I hope you have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment