Monday, July 1, 2024

Lisa & Lori's Great Stash Bash July Kit Challenge


Hello, hello! Happy Monday and Happy July 1st! It is time for the Lisa & Lori's Great Stash Bash July Kit Challenge. Here is how this challenge works -  on the 1st of each month, we will post a challenge prompt and the stash kit we have created using that prompt. During the month we will try to use as much of our stash kit as possible on different projects. 

This will be a just-for-fun challenge so there is no monthly prize - but the real prize is using up our stash! We hope you will join us in our quest to bash our stash! If you play along - link up on either my blog or Lisa's blog (or both if you choose) so that we can see who is joining us each month.

Here is July's recipe:


To create your kit, pull 10 papers, 3-4 embellishments, 5-7 scrap papers. Our focus item for July is alphas.

Here is my kit for July:


I am keeping with the summer theme this month and have pulled papers from the Simple Stories Sunshine and Blue Skies collection (2019), and the Simple Stories Summer Lovin collection. Here is a look at the papers:


I haven't bought any new summer collections this year because I have so many older collections that I am trying to work through. I thought I was missing out on the floatie paper in the Echo Park Summer Vibes collection from this year. I even went to my LSS this past week with every intention of buying it - or the whole collection - and they did not have it. When I came home and went through my summer collections, I saw the floatie paper in the Sunshine and Blue Skies collection and thought it worked just as well, so I saved myself some money and I now have an opportunity to use up some stash!

Here is the "b" sides of the papers:


Quite a few cut-apart papers or papers that can be fussy cut.

Here are the embellishments that I have pulled:


The 12x12 sticker sheets from both collections, ephemera packs from both collections, a sticker book, wood veneer, a sheet of word/phrase stickers, and enamel dots. I don't have any enamel dots from either collection, so I had to pull packs that had a color match, which is why there are so many!

Here are the scraps that I pulled:


I had kept the scraps from both collections together with their collection, so I pulled those and the 6x8 paper pad from the Summer Lovin collection.

I also found the matching solid papers for the Sunshine and Blue Skies paper, and I had two sheets from that collection that I just couldn't leave out, and the cut-aparts, too, so I added those as well:




Our focus item for July is alphas, so I pulled a few of those:


Okay, that might be a bit more than a few! To be honest, I rarely reach for these alpha stickers anymore. I am either using my go-to alphas or my metal dies to cut my own, using my stamps, or using ready-made words - like from those on the sticker sheet or in the ephemera packs. All of these alphas are in a bin on the top shelf of my shelving unit and are just not easy to get to. I am so glad I pulled that bin down and went through it! There were so many little gems in there that I forgot that I even had. I pulled alphas in all the colors that match my kit, and I am going to try and challenge myself to use some of these alphas on my projects this month.

I am keeping the same stamps out this month that I had included in my kit last month since my kit is still summer-themed:


That is it for my kit this month! I have 7 or 8 layout ideas for this month's kit. I'm not sure if I will get them all done this month, but at least I'll have everything ready to go when I have the time to get them all done!

Be sure to stop by Lisa's blog - My Creative Endeavors - to see the beautiful kit that she has put together. I always love to see her kits!

Don't forget - this is a just-for-fun challenge, but if you do play along and put together your own stash bash kit - add it to the linky below and we will be sure to check it out and cheer you on! Here are the rules:

1. Follow the challenge prompt to create a kit to work with throughout the month. You may use other items, but please concentrate on using your kit, and link it below.
2. Create new, not previously posted projects using your stash kit.
3. If you have a blog - please include the challenge graphic and a link to our challenge in your posts. 
4. You may link to social media if you don't have a blog. If you share on Instagram, please make sure to use - #lisaandlorisgreatstashbash2024

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! Have a great day!

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

1 comment:

  1. Great kit Lori! I love all your Summer papers! I don't have those collections but I too have TOOOOOO many Summer collections that I need to use up! I also have toooo many alphas that I need to use and rarely use anymore lol! I guess our tastes do change over time! I can't wait to see what you create with your fun kit!

    ReplyDelete