Sunday, July 14, 2024

Sketch N Scrap"s Card Sketch #269 and Small Format Sketch Projects

 Hello, everyone! Happy Sunday to you! I hope that you have been doing well. We are finally getting back into the old routine after having a couple of weeks of vacation. We didn't do much - just a couple of day trips and working on projects around the house - but it was so nice to be a bit more relaxed!

I have been neglecting my poor blog and Instagram, too, so I thought I would share a couple of projects that I have made this month so far. I am starting with the card that I made for Sketch N Scrap's July 5th card sketch since it is featured today over on the Sketch N Scrap Facebook page. Here is a look at the sketch:


And here is my card:


For this card, I have used my Lisa & Lori's Great Stash Bash July kit. I mostly used scraps, but they were in my kit! This was a fun sketch to work with and this card came together so quickly - after I picked my papers! Why is it a struggle sometimes to get the papers right?! In my mind, I had the pink paper and the blue reversed, but when I put it together that way I just didn't like it. I thought about embossing the blue paper but in the end, I just left it plain.


For the flower I used a die set from Momenta that I got at Hobby Lobby probably a year or so ago and this is only the second time I have used it. Here is a close-up - because it's just so pretty:


I love the detail in this flower! I also used a border die from a set that I picked up at Dollar Tree earlier this year and it has quickly become one of my favorites! I really need to use my metal dies more often. I always love the results. Maybe I need to add a couple of dies to my stash bash kits each month, like I do my stamps, and challenge myself to use them. I have been using my stamps more...

The second project I am sharing is the layout I made for Sketch N Scrap's July Crop Challenge #5 over in the Monthly Challenges Facebook group. Here is the sketch:


This is a smaller format sketch but it can be used for any size you like. I made a layout in my traveler's notebook, although it almost measures 6x8. Here is my layout:


A month or so ago, I was watching an unboxing video for an Echo Park warehouse box and they had the Carta Bella Here, There, and Everywhere collection in it and they went through the papers. I saw the daisy paper and remembered I had bought that collection in an Echo Park warehouse sale earlier this year and I had never even looked at it close enough to realize it had daisy paper in it! I scrapped a couple of the other photos from this little photo shoot with Ada back last month and thought I would scrap the rest in my traveler's notebook - using that Carta Bella paper.

I used a couple of alphas and enamel dots from my July kit and I used a couple of stamps, too! That white title piece was just too plain for my liking. 

If you haven't played along with our smaller format sketch, you should give it a try! You can make any size you want or just use one side of the sketch. We would love to see your take on it! You can find our smaller format sketches in our Monthly Challenges Facebook group. It is always challenge #5.

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! Hopefully, I will get back to posting a little more regularly!

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment