Sunday, October 13, 2024

Pumpkin Hunting - Sketch N Scrap's October Crop Challenge #5

Hello, everyone! Happy Sunday to you! I hope you are having a good weekend. It's been unseasonably warm for the last few days, and today is supposed to be around 80, but it looks like the upcoming week is going to feel a little more fall-like! Yay!

Today I am sharing the layout that I made for Sketch N Scrap's October Crop Challenge #5 over in their monthly challenges private Facebook group. Here is a look at the sketch:


This is a smaller format sketch but it would work well for any size - a traveler's notebook size, 6x8, 8.5x11, or stretch it out and make a 12x12 layout. The choice is yours!

Here is my layout:

I made a 6x8 layout for Ada's school album using this month's sketch. This layout is of her kindergarten class trip to the pumpkin patch. I had started out making her school album in a traveler's notebook and just adding her first day, school photo, spring photo, and last day of school photo. Mostly because I started back in 2020 or 2021 when school's were mostly remote. But, as I went back through some of my photos, there were so many other things I wanted to include - the photo of her kindergarten class with the first book they got to check out from the library, class trips (once they were a thing again), artwork that she had made and was hung in the hallways, Christmas concerts, fun things her class was doing, field day, etc., and I decided to change it up. Making it a 6x8 size and not working in a notebook has given me the freedom to work on whatever I want and not have to worry about counting pages and making sure I have left enough space to include everything that I want. 

For this layout, I have used my October kit for Lisa & Lori's Great Stash Bash. At first I had the hexagon paper for the strips on each side and I just didn't care for it. When I changed and put them together in the middle I liked it much better. Here are a few close-ups:


I was struggling with the embellishing since that hexagon paper is so busy and I did change up the placement of the embellishment clusters on the left side of the page and just made one cluster joining the two photos. I don't have any of the embellishments from Simple Stories Harvest Market line - just a few of the 12x12 sheets and the 6x8 paper pad, so I relied on fall-themed sticker books from Echo Park for my embellishments.


Luckily, one of the sticker books had this alphabet in it for my title. It was the perfect size!


I am really enjoy working in a smaller size lately, whether it's in a traveler's notebook or a 6x8. 

Be sure to check out the Sketch N Scrap Monthly Challenges group on Facebook and join in the fun! We would love to see you playing along!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! I hope you have a wonderful day!




No comments:

Post a Comment