Sunday, January 17, 2016

Lasting Memories #276 - The Next Chapter

Hello everyone! I hope that you are having a great day. We are right in the middle of a three day weekend around here, and enjoying every minute of it!

Lasting Memories has posted the new challenge for this week. Our theme for January is "New Beginnings" and this week's challenge is "A New Life Event". Think marriage, a new baby, moving, a new job, a new school, etc.


Since my oldest son is a senior in high school, and getting ready to graduate in a few short months, I've been thinking a lot about his next big life event - heading off to college. He's been busy filling out scholarships, and his acceptance letters from the colleges and universities that he has applied to have been coming in.

This next chapter in his life will be exciting and I'm sure a little scary, not only for him, but for me as well! Matthew is a smart and sensible young man, and I know he will do great things.

Be sure to stop by the Lasting Memories blog to see the layouts from the rest of the design team.

I hope you find some time this weekend to do something that you love!

Thanks for stopping by my blog today! I hope you have a fantastic day!

6 comments:

  1. Truly a wonderful layout Lori! Love the simple strip design and the chevrons/star theme. Pinned for inspiration.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. How well we know these challenges when the pages of a book change to a new chapter!! Great LO, I love the stars, stripes and chevrons. That color scheme rocks, BTW! :) TYFS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the layout Lori....my layout is of my grandson starting senior school!! I won the December challenge at Lasting Memories and I have to contact you...but I don't know how...do you have an email??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, Jackie! My email is loristroup@yahoo.com

      Delete
  4. I am loving this one Lori! The details are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a fantastic layout! Really! You have inspired me...... Thank you!

    ReplyDelete