Thursday, January 21, 2016

Cute Indeed

Hello everyone! We had another snow day today and I enjoyed a day full of scrapping! I am here to share one of the layouts that I made - a just for fun, no design team layout!

We've got a month long member crop going on over at Inspired To Scrap.  We have a challenge posted every Monday and every Thursday to help us scrap away the winter blues! For Monday's challenge, Lisa challenged us to use the January 15 sketch from Sketch N Scrap. Since this wasn't one of my assigned sketches, I hadn't had a chance to use it yet. This was the extra push I needed to get it done!

Here's the sketch:

 
I really liked this sketch when I first saw it, and I even had pulled a different photo and papers to use with it. Then, when I started my mission to use up my Love Notes collection from Crate Paper (you can read more about that here), I remembered this photo of Ada from last summer. I have been wanting to scrap it since I took it the end of August, but I just couldn't find the right papers. When I pulled out the Love Notes collection out and it had the black, red, and greys in it...well, I knew I was finally going to get this photo scrapped!
 
After this layout I only have a few full sheets left, and I have to admit that they are not my favorites, and I'm not sure if I will get them used. But, my scraps are almost gone! I had to get creative with some of the pieces for this layout to get it to work! So, I am excited that I am getting so much of this used up! I also finally remembered to pull out my much neglected ephemera containers and get some pieces of it used up.
 
I'm hoping to get another layout or two done before the end of the night...we shall see how it goes!
 
Thanks so much for stopping by and have a great evening!

1 comment:

  1. Such a fantastic take on the sketch Lori! And the title is perfect!!

    ReplyDelete