Wednesday, October 6, 2010

I'm finally back

Wow! What a time we've had! So much has gone on in the last month, that I don't know if I'm coming or going. It all started with the school nurse calling me on Aug. 30 saying Shane was running a low grade fever, walking funny, and holding his side. Since he can't tell us what and where he is hurting, and afraid that it could be his appendix, I took him to the dr. He sent us straight to the er - thinking, like us I'm sure, that it was his appendix. After x ray's, blood tests, urine tests, every kind of test you can think of, an i.v., (I have no idea how Shane dealt with all of this so well and didn't fight us at all.) and 4 plus hours in the er, we found out it was strep throat. That was the only test that came back positive. So after a shot of penicillin we were on our way. It took like 3 days for Shane to get back to walking normal and not like he was hurting every step of the way. Never in the last 20 years of raising my kids have any of them had strep throat where it caused pain like this. The dr. and others I have talked to assures me it can happen.

So we get over that and the car quit us for like the 6th time in the last 2 months - with the same thing wrong that was supposed to have gotten fixed. We still don't know what is wrong with it. When it runs it runs like a dream, but you'll just be going down the road and it will die with no warning and won't start again. After dealing with that headache since June we finally went and got a new car. I hate having another payment, but there was just no other way. On top of all this going on, Scott got a call from Kraft for a job. Yay! More money and better benefits - you can't beat that. It took over 3 weeks from the time he had the interview until they finally called and told him when to be there. We were starting to wonder what was going on. But they did call, he has been to orientation since Monday and will start the new job next Monday. All we know is that he will be working days - just not sure yet what days. He's excited about the change and so am I. I'm just hoping now that things will start to settle down!

No comments:

Post a Comment