Thursday, June 18, 2015

Buddies At The Zoo

Hello, everyone! Happy Thursday! We are one day closer to the weekend.

Today is my day to be up on the Sketches In Thyme blog with my take on the week 3 sketch.

Supplies used - Patterned paper - Bella Blvd - Color Chaos (orange stripe), Birthday Boy (green check, multi colored hearts), Summer Squeeze (yellow stars), stickers  - Bella Blvd - Color Chaos, Alpha stickers - Bella Blvd - Sophisticates (Buddies), alpha stamps (at the zoo) EK Success, Dies - Lawn Fawn - hearts, Paper Smooches - Stars,  We R Memory Keepers - Circles, Enamel Dots - Doodlebug Designs, Cardstock - Kraft - Close To My Heart, Navy - Paper Studio, White - Colorbok, Ink - Close to My Heart.

Last weekend we headed to the zoo for my birthday. We met Abby, Shawn, and Ada there and we had a great day. It was overcast and quite breezy and all of the animals were out and about - some even put on a show for us.

Not long after we walked through the admission gates, Matt picked up Ada and carried her around for a good part of the time we were there. After that she was Uncle Matt's buddy. Of course, she thinks Matt is all that, so having him carry her put her on cloud nine!

I loved this photo of them sitting down and taking a little break. It was just one of those special moments.

I used a few different collections from Bella Blvd on my layout. I have always been a fan  of theirs, and I love that all of their collections coordinate so well together. It makes it so easy to mix and match.

The sketch has a couple of places that showed some paper tearing with another pattern peeking through and I wanted to be sure and do that on my layout. I haven't done paper tearing in a long time, and let me tell you, kraft cardstock is not easy to tear! I couldn't stop there with the distressing, so I distressed the edges of all of the other papers with my scissors.

Here is Shawn's sketch for this week - #153:

 
 
 
 
 
If you play along with this sketch or any of this month's sketches and you link it up over on the Sketches In Thyme blog, you will have a chance at winning a $25 gift certificate from:
 

Here is the week 1 sketch:

 
And week 2:
 
 
The more times you play along and share with us, the better chance you have to win!
 
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! I truly appreciate it.
 
I will be back soon with some exciting news!


5 comments:

  1. I love your take on the sketch Lori, you have kept your own style and not made it overly fussy. Ada is growing fast but she still looks so petite next to Matt! Sounds like a lovely day out. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this page!! Sweet take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a super cool layout and a wonderful story to go with it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful layout! I love how you did the different kinds of distressing to the papers along with the tearing! Sweet story to have scrapped! TFS!

    I can't wait to hear your news!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lori your page is such a fun take on the sketch. Loving the mix of design papers and the precious subjects.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete