Friday, March 11, 2016

Flashback Friday @ Scrapbook Challenges

Hello everyone! Happy Friday to you! I hope that you have had a good week. We just have one more week of school and then it's spring break for us! I am looking forward to that!

Today is Flashback Friday over on the Scrapbook Challenges blog. That is where we take an older sketch and give it a makeover and new look. Here  is this week's sketch.



These are photos from Ada's second birthday party. She got a little overwhelmed when everyone started singing "Happy Birthday" to her, and she started to cry. Not to worry - Mommy and Daddy were right there, and she was smiling again in no time! They are just the cutest little family!

I stuck pretty close to the sketch once again, just adding in a few more papers behind the photos, omitting the banner, and adding in extra embellishments around the title.I used Echo Park's Birthday Wishes collection for this layout. When I bought the papers, my local scrapbook store was already out of the sticker sheet, so I had to get creative with my embellishments. I had to dig out an old balloon punch and punched out a couple of balloons, and I just love that little puffy cupcake sticker! 

Be sure to check out the Scrapbook Challenges blog  to see the original sketch, and to see the layouts from the rest of the design team. I hope you find some time to play along with us!

Thanks so much for stopping by today, and have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Love the pastel colour palette and those super cute pics. Deb x (BL)

    ReplyDelete