Sunday, February 5, 2023

Lisa & Lori's Great Stash Bash February Kit

Hello, hello! Happy Sunday to you! I hope that you are having a good weekend.

Today I am sharing the kit that I created for this month's Lisa & Lori's Great Stash Bash. We are a little late with sharing our kits this month, but Lisa has been very busy with some exciting things that I am sure she will share when she is able. I didn't want to delay the post any longer in case someone wanted to play along with us this month. Lisa will have her post up just as soon as she is able.

Before I get to my February kit I thought I would give a quick update on my January kit. I wasn't very scrappy in January - I was focusing more on making plans for what I want to work on this year and trying to get a little better organized. I only made two layouts with my kit last month but I do still have plans for at least a couple more layouts with it before I put it away. I am working on my recap post and will have it up later this week so you can see which bashket items I used and which ones will be joining my February kit.

If you don't know what Lisa & Lori's Great Stash Bash is all about - here is how it works - On the 1st of each month, we will post a challenge prompt and the stash kit we have created using that prompt. During the month we will try to use as much of our stash kit as possible on different projects. Then, on the last day of the month (or in my case on the first of the next month!), we will do a recap post showing what stash we were able to bash! 

This will be a just-for-fun challenge so there is no monthly prize - but isn't the real prize using up our stash?  We hope you will join us in our quest to bash our stash! If you play along - link up on either my blog or Lisa's blog (or both if you choose) so that we can see who is joining us each month. 

Here is the "recipe" for February:


To create your kit, pull 10 papers, 3-4 embellishments, 5-7 scraps, and our focus item - which is stickers this month. Don't forget to pick 10 more items to add to your bashket.


For February, I have pulled two - very different - mini kits. One kit is full of bright colors and the other kit is a bit more subdued. Here is kit #1:


I was in need of some bright - fun - sunny colors after a few days of wintery weather. This Bella Blvd - You Are My Sunshine - collection is perfect for that. 

Here is a look at the papers:


These papers just make me happy and they are perfect for some Ada photos!

Here are the embellishments:


I went through the die-cut pack and pulled out the ones I thought I might use this month and I added a couple of different types of enamel dots/shapes, and our focus item this month - stickers.

Here are the scraps for this kit:


For my second mini-kit, I have pulled papers to document a few snowy photos!


The papers and sticker sheet are from Echo Park's Hello Winter collection.

Here are the papers:


I love the colors in this wintery collection and I can't wait to get them on a layout!

Here are the embellishments:


I have added a doily, enamel dots, a snowflake punch, and the sticker sheet. 

No scraps for this kit - I couldn't find anything that truly matched.

Here are my ten bashket items for February:


I have added - three sheets of washi tape, two sticker sheets (2015) from Elle's Studio, cut-apart phrases and labels from Pretty Little Studio, a package of adhesive-backed brads from Heidi Grace, cork embellishments from Elle's Studio, a package of gold embellishments from Gossamer Blue, a sticker sheet from My Mind's Eye, five sticker sheets from My Mind's Eye, 3x4 papers from Paper Issues swag bags, and a bunch of random die-cuts from past kits that have been thrown into a 4x6 photo box instead of put back where they belong.

Last month I felt like I didn't add very much to my bashket - mostly single items - which is fine - and now this month I feel like I have gone overboard with my bashket items! I just need to remember that I need to try to use as much as I can throughout the month but that I have until the end of the year to really use them up.

I didn't add many stickers to my main kits but I made up for that with my bashket items! Here is a close-up of some of the stickers:


Here are the 3x4 cards/papers:


I used to love getting the Paper Issues swag bags! It was a great way to build up your embellishments. I have five or six of the 4x6 photo boxes filled with goodies from the swag bags. I wonder if they still sell those...

Here are the die-cuts that I included:


I tried to pull a variety of colors and things that could work on any layout. I would be so happy to get all of these used this year. I probably still have twice this many in another 4x6 photo box, so if I start running low I'll have more to add in later in the year.

Phew! If you are still here through all of that - thank you for sticking around! Here's hoping I'll be a bit more productive this month!

Now, head on over to Lisa's blog to see the beautiful kit that she has pulled together for this month. 

This is a just-for-fun challenge, but if you do play along and put together your own stash bash kit - add it to the linky below and we will be sure to check it out and cheer you on! Here are the rules:

1. Follow the challenge prompt to create a kit to work with throughout the month. You may use other items, but please concentrate on using your kit, and link it below.
2. Create new, not previously posted projects using your stash kit.
3. If you have a blog - please include the challenge graphic and a link to our challenge in your posts. 
4. You may link to social media if you don't have a blog. If you share on Instagram, please make sure to use - #lisaandlorisgreatstashbash2023
 
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! I hope you have a great day!

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

No comments:

Post a Comment