Wednesday, February 22, 2023

Project Life - Week 1 2023

 Hello, hello! Happy Wednesday to you! I hope that you are having a good week. 

Today I am finally sharing my first Project Life layout of the year! This layout has seriously been laying on my desk for weeks and I just got around to putting the finishing touches on it and getting it photographed. 

Here is the layout:


For this first layout for the year, I have used Elle's Studio January kit and a few of their older cards and embellishments. I also managed to use most of the puffy stickers that I included in my bashket for Lisa & Lori's Great Stash Bash. 

Here is a closer look at the left side:


This week we got to spend the day with Ada on Monday - Abby had to go back to work for a teacher work day. Scott was still on Christmas day and she was happy as could be to spend the day with Pops! It was a dreary day but that didn't stop us from going on an adventure! I turned around to snap a photo of the two of them and I caught them doing a goofy walk. There is never a dull minute with these two!

The Damar Hamlin incident also happened on Monday. I was watching a movie and Scott came in and said, "I think someone may have just died on the football game." I thought he was kidding - thinking it was a really hard hit - but then when I went in and watched the replay. It was such a scary thing to watch and to not know (at the time) if he was going to be alright. 

On Tuesday Matthew surprised me with a visit. It was so unexpected and made my day! He'd come to Lebanon to get a haircut and stopped by on his way back to Springfield. He didn't stay long but we were able to visit over lunch. Anytime I can have lunch with any of my kiddos - it just makes me happy! 

I also got sticker shock when I bought a dozen of eggs at the store! $3.96 for eggs?! I knew prices were going up but that is just crazy!


This week I also got some scrappy goodies in the mail, Scott got an over-the-door organizer to help keep his Johnny West figures organized, I started stitching a new cross-stitch piece, our big flock of turkeys decided to come for a visit to the backyard, we watched The Black Phone - and really enjoyed it - and we made an unusual trip to Springfield on Sunday for some furniture shopping.

Here are a few close-ups:


I wanted to be sure to use that 2023 card this first week, otherwise, I don't know when I would use it. It became my title card for the week. I also pulled out my Stanley alphabet stamps from Elle's Studio to stamp on the card about Matt's visit. I really hope to do a lot of stamping on my layouts this year.


I scattered the puffy stickers that I had included in my bashket around my layout. I tried really hard to use all of them, but some of the colors just did not match or I just couldn't make them work. There are not many left so that is a good thing!



I am so happy to have this first week in the album! Week 2 is all ready to go and hopefully, I will get it completed a lot faster! I'd better get crackin' on getting more photos edited and ordered! I want to keep the momentum going!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! Have a great day!

1 comment: