Friday, February 17, 2023

Sketch N Scrap #267

 Hello, hello! Happy Friday to you! I hope that you have had a good week and are ready for the weekend. It's a long weekend for us and I am so ready! Miss Ada is out of school today and spending the day with me. We'll have a sleepover tonight and I think we are going to have a girl's day tomorrow with her mom. A girl's day with a little bit of shopping and a lunch date is exactly what I need!

Today I am sharing the layout that I created using Sketch N Scrap's February 15th sketch. Here's a look at the sketch:


And this is what I came up with:


This sketch is great for all of those scraps that we all collect or it would be great to use a bold striped paper, as well. I used my Lisa & Lori's Great Stash Bash February kit for this layout. I used one full sheet and cut into five of the other papers, so now I have a few scraps left! I am going to try to get another layout made with those before the end of the month. 

We got a fairly decent snow at the end of January. I think it measured five inches - which is pretty good for around here - and it was a very heavy - wet - snow. Our snows are typically dry and powdery. This snow stuck to everything - but the roads, which was a plus! The trees were so beautiful all covered in the snow and I couldn't wait to get out and take a few pictures. The only downside to this heavy snow was that we lost power at 8:45 AM and it didn't come back on until 4:30 PM. The house was starting to get pretty chilly by the time it finally came back on. At least with it not sticking to the roads, Shane and I were able to get out and get something to eat to pass some of the time. He does not deal too well with no electricity but he handled it the best that he could and we were both ecstatic when it finally came back on.

Here are a couple of close-ups:


I made good use of the sticker sheet on this layout. I think I used fourteen stickers on this one layout. I also used the grey and turquoise enamel dots and the doily from my kit. The white enamel dots and the mint-colored tab were in my bashket, so I got at least a couple of those items used, too.



I added my journaling to a tag and added that to the right of my photo. 

This layout came together so quickly and I think I will be using this sketch again soon. 

Be sure to stop by the Sketch N Scrap blog to see more inspiration from the design team using this sketch. I hope you have a chance to play along with us, too!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! I hope you have a great day!

                                                                                        

No comments:

Post a Comment