Thursday, August 3, 2023

August Counterfeit Kit Challenge

 Hello, hello! Happy Thursday to you! I hope that you are having a good week! I am popping in today to share the kit that I put together for the Counterfeit Kit Challenge August challenge.

I fell in love with their inspiration kit and had to play along! Here is a look at the inspiration kit that Lisa chose:


This kit is from a new European kit club called Pink and Paper and you can read more about it over on the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog

I have the Cocoa Vanilla Happy Days collection that is included in the kit, but I am just not quite ready to use it, so I searched my stash and pulled a kit together and I am so excited to work with it! Here is my kit:


Here is a close-up of the papers:


I was really drawn to the teal-green papers in the inspiration kit. I knew I wanted to find something that was a close match to it, and even though I didn't have a floral paper, I did manage to get a few in my kit. I substituted a pink with red dot for the strawberry paper, a navy dot paper for the navy floral paper, plant paper in place of the floral stems paper, and hearts for the butterflies, and I added in a couple more black and white papers. 

 My papers tend to be a little more on the primary color side, but I think you can see the inspiration kit in there! 


While I was pulling papers I came across the My Mind's Eye Happy Days collection and the navy and teal colors really pulled me in! I went ahead and added it to my kit, as well.


If you've visited my blog at all this year, then you know that my friend Lisa and I have had a bashket challenge going on with our Lisa & Lori's Great Stash Bash challenge. Every month since January we have been pulling 10 items from our stash to try to use. It's a progressive challenge, meaning every month we pull 10 items regardless of how many we used the previous month. By the end of the year, we will have pulled 120 stash items, and the goal is to try to keep our bashket from overflowing. As you can see in the above photo, my bashket is getting really full!

This is another reason I decided to play along with the gals at the Counterfeit Kit Challenge. To try to get a few more of these items used up!

Here is a look at a few of the items in my bashket:


I love that Lisa and I are doing this bashket challenge! I am pulling things out of my stash that I have forgotten I even had and if I am going through my stash and pulling things - refreshing my memory - then they have a better chance at getting used up!

Life has been so busy this summer and I have not scrapped nearly as much as I would have liked, but I think things are starting to slow down, so hopefully, I will put this kit to use soon!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! I hope you have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment