Wednesday, August 9, 2023

Face Off - Sketch N Scrap #278

 Hello, hello! Happy Wednesday to you! I hope that you all are having a good week! 

I wanted to pop in today and share the layout that I created for the August 1st sketch challenge at Sketch N Scrap. Lisa started the month off with a great sketch for us to try and I had so much fun with it! Here's a look at the sketch:


And here is my layout:


I stuck pretty closely to the sketch. The only things that I changed were the title/bottom cluster area and I added a double border piece along the side - making the top piece a little wonky. Since I moved my title piece down a bit - mostly so it wouldn't cover up too much of Miss Ada - I felt like having the bottom cluster below it just didn't look right. Combining the two areas worked out great!

I used my August kit for Lisa & Lori's Great Stash Bash for this layout. I used most of a full sheet of patterned paper and almost all of two of the scrap papers that I included. If nothing else, I have done a good job of using my scraps over the last couple of months!

Here are a couple of close-ups:


Since I didn't include a lot of embellishments for this mini-kit, I made use of some of my bashket items that I have been collecting. The cameras have been in my bashket for a while now and the puffy arrows were included this month. It kind of bothers me that the arrows are turning yellow, but not enough to not use them!


I also used the alphas that I included in this month's kit! That's a win for me already - actually using my focus item! I was a bit stuck on embellishing for this layout, so I just did what Janet from RTS Scrapbooking always says - look at what you did in one cluster and repeat it in the others - so cameras, enamel dots, and phrase stickers all around!


That is it for today! Be sure to check out Sketch N Scrap for more inspiration for their sketches. I hope you have a chance to play along with us this month!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! I hope you have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment