Friday, March 1, 2024

Lisa & Lori's Great Stash Bash March Kit Reveal


Hello, everyone! Happy Friday and Happy March 1st! Yay for March - the month when there seem to be more warm days than cold! Since it is the first day of a new month, that means I have a new kit to share for Lisa & Lori's Great Stash Bash!

Before I get to my kit, I will let you know that I was not successful in using my February kit, but I did use up a bit more of my January kit! I am keeping my fingers crossed that you will see me using my March kit this month and maybe I'll even be able to dive into my February kit and see if I can't get something made with it.

If you don't knowhat this challenge is, here is a little about it:

 On the 1st of each month, we will post a challenge prompt and the stash kit we have created using that prompt. During the month we will try to use as much of our stash kit as possible on different projects. 
This will be a just-for-fun challenge so there is no monthly prize - but isn't the real prize using up our stash?  We hope you will join us in our quest to bash our stash! If you play along - link up on either my blog or Lisa's blog (or both if you choose) so that we can see who is joining us each month.

Here is the recipe for March:


To create your kit, pull 10 papers, 3-4 embellishments, 5-7 scrap papers. Our focus item for March is ephemera!

Here is my kit for March:


February was an unseasonably warm month for us and that has me feeling all of the spring vibes, and I think my kit reflects that! Let's take a close look.

Here are my papers:


I have a mix of papers from Echo Park's New Day collection and the Day in the Life collection. I am lovin' the color palette from these two collections and they work really well with each other. I included four cut-apart papers because I am determined to work on my Project Life albums more this year. I have been doing pretty decent with keeping (somewhat) up so far with this year. Now, if I can just get fast enough to not only work on the current stuff but maybe throw in a previous year or two along the way. That would make me really happy! So, you can expect to see more of those cut-apart papers in my kits this year.

Here are the cut-apart papers from New Day. I have included them, too:


Here are the embellishments:


I have included the 12x12 sticker sheets and enamel dots from both collections, the ephemera packs and sticker book, and puffy stickers from New Day, a few random enamel shapes and puffy dots, two packs of wood veneer - a set from Elles Studio and a pack from Recollections - and a pack of cork pieces from Elles Studio.

Here are the scraps that I pulled:


I pulled a few more than the 5-7 scraps, but a lot of them are pretty small pieces and I thought they might be good to punch out shapes or to use my metal dies with.

Our focus piece for March is ephemera, so along with the ephemera from the collections, I pulled this:


I have pulled a couple of packs of ephemera pieces that were in my bashket last year and one of my boxes of Vicki Boutin ephemera. It is overflowing and I can just barely get it to close! I think there are either five or six packs of ephemera in there! I think I bought a few packs from Tuesday Morning before they closed and then I found a deal from Peachy Cheap a while back that was all Vicki Boutin ephemera packs, so it added up pretty quickly. There are a lot of pieces that color match really well with my kit. Even if I only use a few pieces I will be happy with that. I least I got them out and familiarized myself with what is in the box.

One of my goals this year is to use my stamps more, so here are a few stamps that I pulled to use this month:


I have pulled a variety of spring-themed stamps and everyday-type stamps for this month. I am hoping to put a few of these to use this month.

That is it! I can't wait to dive in and create with my kit! My plan is to mostly use this kit on my PL layouts and for my traveler's notebook layouts, but we will see, a 12x12 layout may be with made it! Be sure to stop by Lisa's blog - My Creative Endeavors - to see the beautiful kit that she has put together. I always love to see her kits!

Don't forget - this is a just-for-fun challenge, but if you do play along and put together your own stash bash kit - add it to the linky below and we will be sure to check it out and cheer you on! Here are the rules:

1. Follow the challenge prompt to create a kit to work with throughout the month. You may use other items, but please concentrate on using your kit, and link it below.
2. Create new, not previously posted projects using your stash kit.
3. If you have a blog - please include the challenge graphic and a link to our challenge in your posts. 
4. You may link to social media if you don't have a blog. If you share on Instagram, please make sure to use - #lisaandlorisgreatstashbash2024

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! I hope you have a great day!

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

No comments:

Post a Comment