Saturday, February 17, 2024

Snowy Walk - Sketch N Scrap #191

Hello, hello! Happy Saturday to you! I hope that your weekend is off to a good start. It's back to feeling like winter today, but spring-like temps will be returning tomorrow and will stick around for most of next week. These warmer temperatures have really spoiled us here lately because today has seemed super cold again!

Today I am sharing the layout that I made using the February 15th sketch at Sketch N Scrap. Here is a look at the sketch that I created for us to use:


And here is my layout:


We had a little bit of snow last Monday. We weren't even supposed to get more than a dusting to an inch of snow, but we wound up with about four inches. It was that really pretty - wet and heavy - snow that sticks to everything. The temps were right around thirty degrees, so the pups and I headed out on a walk to enjoy the beauty of it all. They came back to the house with tons of little snowballs in their fur, but we all enjoyed our walk immensely.

For this layout, I used Echo Park's I Love Winter (2016) collection. The colors were perfect to document this snowy day. Here are a few close-ups:


I added ink splatter by way of a stamp from Close To My Heart - Ink Blot (D1660) and Blue Belle ink. I love how much control this stamp gives me. The title was made with Lawn Fawn's Henry ABC metal dies. These dies are a new addition to my supplies and I love them already!


For the snowflakes, I used a snowflake punch from EK Success (for the large flakes) and an old snowflake punch from Marvy Uchida for the tiny flakes. I added a clear gem to the center of each snowflake on my layout. 


I added my date to a label from Elle's Studio and a phrase sticker from the I Love Winter collection between my photos to help connect them.

Be sure to check out the Sketch N Scrap blog and the Sketch N Scrap Facebook page for more inspiration using this month's sketches. 

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! I hope you have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment