Thursday, March 7, 2024

Hello Sunshine - A Layout and a Card For Sketch N Scrap

Hello, everyone! Happy Thursday to you! It is almost the weekend and I am ready for it! We are finally getting some much-needed rain today, and I thought it was a good time to get a couple of projects posted that I have made this month. 

First up is the layout that I made using the March 1st sketch from Sketch N Scrap. Here is a look at the sketch:


And here is my layout:


For this layout, I finally got around to using the Cocoa Vanilla Happy Days mini-kit that I put together for my January kit for Lisa & Lori's Great Stash Bash! It just took me two months, but I finally used some of it! 

These pictures are of Ada from two years ago. I love that Google Photos will send you notifications like - "two years ago today" or "similar shots" - sometimes it reminds me of photos that I had forgotten about. That was the case with these photos, and, my goodness, how things have changed in two years for this girl! That may be a whole different layout - a comparison of then and now. Like, she no longer likes to have pictures or words on her shirts - with only a few exceptions. She likes mostly just plain, solid-colored shirts now. She used to wear those Ugg-like boots in the wintertime - now it's all about Vans and Converse. She is definitely finding her own style!

Here are a couple of close-ups:


I had to pull in some black alphas to stand out against the background. The ones included in my kit were white with a black outline and they just got lost on the white background.


I didn't do too much in the way of embellishing. Having so many patterns on this layout makes it a bit busy for me and I didn't want it feeling even more busy and cluttered with a bunch of embellishments. 


I was a bit limited with the puffy sticker shapes but went with what I had. I could have pulled in enamel dots but I really just wanted to stick with what was in my kit.

Next up is the card that I made using the March 5th card sketch from Sketch N Scrap. Here is a look at the sketch:


And here is my card:


Easter is just around the corner and I wanted to make an Easter card to send to someone special. For this card, I use Simple Stories' Hip Hop Hooray 6x8 paper pad and die cuts. I couldn't find a "Happy Easter" sentiment in my stamps so I found I font I liked on the computer and printed it off onto a label. 

I love the rounded edges on the top layer on the sketch. I really need to remember to round the corners on both my cards and my layouts a little more often. It just adds a bit of interest and breaks up all of the sharp edges.

That is it for today! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! I hope you have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. As I've said be4, Lori, I'd recognize your beautiful SB style anywhere. TYFS! This is great. Going to try to get back to my blog... things were a little crazy in 2023, but have calmed down. Great job on this lovely page! Our sweet gd's are growing up so fast! ~A

    ReplyDelete