Saturday, August 17, 2024

Ada at 10 - Sketch N Scrap #303

Hello, hello! Happy Saturday to you! I hope that you are doing well. We got much needed rain this past week, it is hot  (but not unbearably hot) with the promise of cooler - less humid - air on the way for next week...life is good!

Today I am sharing the layout I made using Sketch N Scrap's August 15th sketch. Here is a look at the sketch:


Here is my layout:

Every year I do an "Ada at" layout and ask her what her favorites are in several categories. I think I started this when she was eight, and oh, how I wish I had started earlier! It's so fun to see how her favorites have changed and what has stayed the same from year to year. 

I used my Lisa & Lori's Great Stash Bash kit for August for this layout. I didn't buy a bunch of the Simple Stories Boho Sunshine collection and now all I have left is one full sheet of floral paper and just a few sheets left in the 6x8 paper pad. I'm kind of sad that it's {almost} all gone, but yet I am happy it is on layouts instead of sitting in my stash!

Here are a few close-ups:


I die-cut my title using a metal die alpha set from Close To My Heart. I die-cut all of the letters and numbers three times and stacked them together to make my own chipboard alphas. I couldn't resist using that cute little snail, too!


At first, I was really going to layer up the florals like is shown on the sketch, just have a big ol' cluster of flowers, but I really liked it so much better when I went down to just a few.

The label at the bottom of the photo serves as a tab to open the flip-up to reveal Ada's list of favorites at 10.


For this top cluster, I added tags behind the photos, that puffy sticker from an older Dear Lizzy collection from 2018, a mushroom, and a flower. I tried to keep the same things - mushrooms, flowers, and a puffy sticker in each of the clusters.

Here is a look at the journaling when it is opened:


I had a bit of extra room at the bottom of my journaling card so I added in one of the banner stickers from the sticker book. I love how it turned out!

Be sure to check out the Sketch N Scrap blog, and the Sketch N Scrap Facebook page for more inspiration for our sketches. 

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! I hope you have a fantastic day!

No comments:

Post a Comment