Monday, February 16, 2015

Use Your Stuff Challenge #173 - Circles

Happy Monday, everyone! As I sit typing this we are waiting to see if we get our first real snow of the season. To date we have had nothing more than a dusting and secretly I would kind of like to see a little more than that. The forecast is all over the place, but for our area they are saying 5-7 inches. We shall see...

 I am back today with the new challenge over at Use Your Stuff.  It's Karrie's week to host the challenge and this week's challenge is to use circles on your project.


I love to add circles to my projects, so it was hard for me to decide if I wanted to make a layout or a card. Since I had some scraps left over from this layout and since I have several birthdays coming up, I decided to go with a card.

I based this card on this sketch from Try Stampin' On Tuesday.

 
 
I'm not sure if it will qualify for their challenge, since I didn't do any stamping on it and stamping is their name,  but I wanted to give them credit for giving me a starting point to my card.

I'm also linking this up over at Crash Your Stash to help me keep track of my 50 projects. (28/50)

Head on over to Use Your Stuff and see how the rest of the design team have used circles in their projects. I hope you find some time to play along this week!

Thanks so much for stopping by and have a beautiful day!

9 comments:

  1. Cute card! Perfect way to use those scraps and have a fun card ready for your card stash! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the card and how you incorporated the circles!! Enjoy the snow. I wanted a decent snowstorm and now we have had a few. There's so much snow out there. But it is pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another cute card, Lori! Thank you for sharing at Crash Your Stash. You are blowing me out of the water, I'm only at 11!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great way to use up scraps! - Great card!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really cute, Lori! Who knew simple circles could make such a wonderful card! Thanks for playing with us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday.
    Sara H.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lori, I think anytime you're inspired by something, you can certainly give it credit for your card. You have a circle focal point, just like our sketch this week. And I love this simple, understated "birthdayness" of the card. Thanks for joining us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just so fun with the circles and it has a lovely retro flavour.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the simplicity of your design with the row of circles, the largest one with the repeating sentiment stands right out! thjanks for the support on my first Use Your Stuff challenge!
    Karr

    ReplyDelete