Sunday, January 1, 2017

Lasting Memories #325 - Punches

Hello, hello! I am back with my fourth post of the day! If you are looking for my Sketch N Scrap reveal, you can scroll down or go here. For my Love To Craft reveal, please go here. For my Stick It Down reveal, please go here.

It's a brand new year of themes and challenges at Lasting Memories! This year the design team was asked to pick a month and come up with a theme and  the challenges for that month. I chose to do January and our theme for the month is "Stash Busting"! We will concentrate on a few forgotten items in our stash to work on getting them used up in January.

The first challenge of the month is "Punches" - pull out those punches and put them to use! You can use border punches, shape punches, any type of punch. And if you don't have any punches, then you can use die cuts or ephemera pieces on your layout.


For my layout I have used Imaginisce's "Welcome Spring" papers. I do not know why I chose to use the some what diagonal stripe for the background - it always makes things look crooked! I assure you they are straight! I used my handy dandy ruler to make sure of it!

For the punch challenge I used a scalloped border punch, a notebook edge punch, and a label punch, all from EK Success. The blue alphas are from K & Company, and the black glitter alphas are from EK Success.  I added in a birthday cake sticker from Echo Park's Fine and Dandy line, too. The colors really match better than they look like in this photo.

I based my layout off of this November 2016 sketch from Pagemaps:


Head on over to Lasting Memories to see the layouts from the rest of the design team. I hope you get the chance to play along with us in 2017!

Thanks so much for stopping by! I will be back soon with one more project to share.

3 comments:

  1. This is such a pretty page Lori! And I don't think it looks crooked at all! Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW WOW WOW, so many things to say!! I have Fine and Dandy- LOVE IT!! (I think I purposely bought 2 of it! LOL) I am gonna look for that b'day cake embellie, now! :) Have lots of EK punches as well- their stuff is so great. :) Those alphas look so nice, and the diagonal stripe looks amazing used as a bkgrnd. WTG! Such a pretty LO! Love reading all about your process, too, and what you found in your stash! :)

    ReplyDelete