Sunday, January 1, 2017

Stick It Down January Reveal

Hello everyone! This is my third post of the day! If you are looking for my Sketch N Scrap reveal, please go here. If you are looking for my Love To Craft reveal, please go here.

The first of the month means a new set of sketches is up at Stick It Down today. I am the featured card designer for January, so my card is up on the blog today!

Here's a look at the card sketch, courtesy of the talented Laura Rumble:



For my card I have used Studio Calico's Seven Paper - "Amelia" 6x6 paper pad. I picked this paper pad up at Tuesday Morning a few months ago, and I fell in love with the colors in this collection.

I die cut five circles for my scalloped edge and then decided to let them hang over the edge of the card. The heart is from a Lawn Fawn die that I cut out of two different papers. I cut one of the hearts in half and layered it on top, along with a strip of the black and white pattern. The "I Adore You" sentiment is from Jen Hadfield's "Homemade" stamps set. I finished it off by placing a piece of black and white fabric tape that I found at Target's $1 spot down the edge. I wanted to bring in just a bit more black and white, and this tape was perfect for that. I also added in a bit of silver metallic thread behind the heart embellishment.

Be sure to stop by Stick It Down and check out all of the sketches for January. We have a great set of sketches for this month, and I hope you get a chance to play along with us.

Thanks so much for stopping by! I will be back soon with another project to share with you!

4 comments:

  1. Wow you did have a busy day blogging :) Just love this card and I love that you brought the scallop edge over the card front, interesting and unique :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori, I adore your card!!! So perfect for the sketch challenge! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet! I love the papers you used!! I adore this card!!

    Stacey (DT Sister)

    ReplyDelete