Monday, January 22, 2018

January Card Design Team Reveal - You're Sweet

Hello, everyone! Happy Monday to you! I hope you had a great weekend and are ready for the new week!

Today is the full card design team reveal over at Stick It Down. We have a prize sponsor this month - Angie's Digital Stamp Shop - and one randomly selected winner from all of our challenges will receive 2 digital stamps from her shop!


Here is a reminder of the January card sketch:



Oh, what an adventure I had trying to make my card! I had originally planned on using my texture paste and a stencil for my background...but then my texture paste was hard...not sure what happened there because the lid was on nice and tight, but there was no spreading it around! Then I thought - maybe I'll use paint with my stencil...yeah, I am mixed media challenged I tell ya! After several attempts, I gave up on that idea! In the end, I went with an embossing folder in which the hearts look like they are falling - kind of like the stars on the sketch, and it worked for me!

I had the pleasure of working with the heart cupcake digi stamp. I colored it with my Prima watercolor pencils. There are varying shades of red on this card, which sometimes bothers me, but throwing in that little bit of pink on the scalloped circle helped to tie it all together.

Head on over to  Stick It Down to see the beautiful cards from the rest of the design team. We would love to see your take on this fun sketch!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. Cute card! Love the pink, it really does tie everything together well. And sorry you had such set backs on creating the card. I thought those types of things only happened to me. Ha ha! If it helps, looking at your beautiful finished card, you’d never know all that happened! Kudos to you for not letting it all stop you or squash your creativity. 😀

    ReplyDelete