Wednesday, May 1, 2024

Lisa & Lori's Great Stash Bash May Kit Challenge


Hello, hello! Happy May 1st! This year is moving right along! Summer is almost here and I am so ready for it!

** Before we get down to business, I just want to give a big shout-out to Brandi for playing along with us! Brandi creates such fun kits and her layouts are so cute! Check her out on Instagram - scrappy.boymama **

The new month means it is time for a new Lisa & Lori's Great Stash Bash kit challenge. What does that mean, you ask? Here is a little info on this challenge -  on the 1st of each month, we will post a challenge prompt and the stash kit we have created using that prompt. During the month we will try to use as much of our stash kit as possible on different projects. 

This will be a just-for-fun challenge so there is no monthly prize - but the real prize is using up our stash! We hope you will join us in our quest to bash our stash! If you play along - link up on either my blog or Lisa's blog (or both if you choose) so that we can see who is joining us each month.

Here is May's recipe:


To create your kit, pull 10 papers, 3-4 embellishments, 5-7 scrap papers. Our focus item for May is flowers.

Here is my kit for May:


My kit for May is filled with pieces of the newer Echo Park 'Telling Our Story' collection and papers from Simple Stories 'Hey Crafty Girl' collection from 2019. The colors, and even the flowers, in these two collections work perfectly together.

Here's a look at the papers:


Since our focus item this month is flowers - I picked quite a few floral papers for my kit. Some of the larger flowers could be fussy cut if I need more flowers. I love the colors in these papers and the overall theme of the Telling Our Story collection.

The "b" sides are equally pretty and there's a good chance I will use some of the "b" sides, as well. Here is a look at the "b" sides:


I added the cut-apart papers so I can finally get the title page made for my 2024 Project Life album. Here are the cut-apart papers:


Here are the embellishments:


I added in all of the embellishments that I have from the Telling Our Story collection. I moved the puffy word stickers, wood veneer, and word stickers from last month's kit to this month's. Surely I will get some of it used this month! I added another 12x12 sticker sheet for the alphabet. I came across it when I was looking for the 12x12 Hey Crafty Girl sticker sheet and it was the right shade of pink, so I tossed it in my kit. I never did find the Hey Crafty Girl stickers. I will have to dig deeper or go through old kits to find them. When I do, I will add them to my kit.

Here are the scraps that I pulled:


Our focus item for May is flowers. I found a few of these old guys hanging out in my stash. I don't use these types of flowers on my layouts much anymore, so it will be fun to see if I can get a few of them used:


This year one of my goals is to use my stamps more and here are the stamps I pulled for May:


I chose these stamps mainly for the florals but if I can use a sentiment or saying - even better!

I am ready to dive in and play with my kit this month! With National Scrapbooking Day and Sketch N Scrap's 12th Birthday Celebration happening this month, I am sure to get some good use out of this kit!

Be sure to stop by Lisa's blog - My Creative Endeavors - to see the beautiful kit that she has put together. I always love to see her kits!

Don't forget - this is a just-for-fun challenge, but if you do play along and put together your own stash bash kit - add it to the linky below and we will be sure to check it out and cheer you on! Here are the rules:

1. Follow the challenge prompt to create a kit to work with throughout the month. You may use other items, but please concentrate on using your kit, and link it below.
2. Create new, not previously posted projects using your stash kit.
3. If you have a blog - please include the challenge graphic and a link to our challenge in your posts. 
4. You may link to social media if you don't have a blog. If you share on Instagram, please make sure to use - #lisaandlorisgreatstashbash2024

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! I hope you have a great day!

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

1 comment:

  1. What a pretty kit Lori! I love the colors! I can't wait to see what you create with it!

    ReplyDelete