Thursday, January 24, 2013

Snow Day!

Not really! We have been really...lucky so far this winter. The kids haven't missed a single day of school due to snow and what little bit of snow we've had has been no more than a dusting and gone in no time at all. Part of me would really like a little bit of snow. I mean if it's gonna be cold we might as well have some white stuff, but I know I would get tired of it really fast, too. It is only January, so there's still time. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. I was going through some older photos last week and came across these of Matthew and Shane from 2008.
supplies used - cardstock - CTMH, Patterned Paper - Merry by My Mind's Eye , Stamps -CTMH -E1014 Posterboard Alpahbet, D1480 Snowflakes, bling - Studio G.

Lu had posted a fun challenge over at Inspired to Scrap this month called, "A Sketch and A Six Pack". You were to use the sketch provided and 6x6 papers on your layout. I had found this paper pad from My Minds Eye back before Christmas at Michael's and knew it would work great for these photos and this challenge. I stamped my title and a few snowflakes, added a little bling to the snowflakes and journaled directly on my layout. That is something I don't do often because I am always afraid I'll make a mistake and have to redo the whole thing! The journaling says, " Matthew loves it when it snows. He could play out in it for hours if we let him. Shane is not a fan of the cold. He'll "tolerate" it for a few minutes, then he's ready to go back inside where it's warm. One thing they both love is a snow day. No school = 2 happy boys! photos - Jan. 2008"
Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment