Thursday, June 13, 2013

His Favorite Place To Be

Another quick post today. I figured I'd better hurry and get caught up, because with the long awaited for (at least in our household!) release of the video game "The Last Of Us" being tomorrow, my computer time will be greatly limited! The hubby and the oldest son have been driving me crazy for the last two weeks - antsy for this game to be out! Our internet is not the best and me being on the computer while they are playing online - well, they say it slows it down too much for them to play.

Anyway...I joined in the fun over at My Scraps & More with their Got Talent III event. They will post a challenge every Friday starting on June 7th and going through August 16. Then every Tuesday, starting on June 11 and lasting through August 20, they are posting a mini challenge. For every challenge you complete, you get an entry thrown into the pot for their grand prize. Plus if you get your layout done before the weekly deadline you are entered in for their weekly prizes.

Their first challenge was to create a layout using NO patterned paper. At first I thought - this is going to be a hard one - and it did take a little thinking because I love my patterned paper, but thank goodness for washi tape - it saved the day!

I started off with a sketch from last weekend's Weekend Warrior class at Inspired to Scrap. I misted my background with blue and silver mists, I used washi tape to make my border along the edge and I also punched a circle out of washi covered cardstock. I had to go old school with my letters since I didn't have any dark blue alphabet stickers and my cricut wasn't wanting to work right. I pulled out my old letter stencils and traced and cut my own!  I can't say that this is my favorite layout, but I'm pleased with how it turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment